Penguin Group (USA) Inc. has an opening in their Special Markets department for a Premium Sales Assistant! The Premium Sales Assistant works with accounts ranging from celebrity literacy programs to Fortune 500 companies. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Special Markets, the assistant will provide administrative and sales support related to the Director’s roster of accounts as well as their own incoming orders from new customers and customers not specifically assigned to a sales representative. This position will also research and collate their own targeted sales pitch efforts as well as maintain sales reports and create digital sales materials in a variety of formats.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Executing all aspects of orders by new (non-account) customers (i.e. fielding initial calls and emails, quoting prices, opening new accounts, performing customer service follow-up).
- Providing direct sales support to Vice President related to key accounts and major new sales efforts including generating electronic sales tools, researching contacts, sourcing samples and routing packages.
- Creating dynamic digital sales materials using third party tools in conjunction with in-house content.
- Researching and collating title specific sales pitches to specific target customers.
- Providing general administrative support to Vice President and department at large.
- Reviewing and filtering all leads coming in the Premium Corporate Sales website and Special Markets email inbox.
- Attending and representing the department at larger meetings, as necessary.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to follow through on projects from conception to completion
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and manage shifting priorities
- Genuine interest in publishing sales
- Professional, polite, articulate and friendly phone demeanor
- Prior office experience with an emphasis on administrative support
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to use PowerPoint and other digital presentation tools
- Web research skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access preferred
Salary for this position is $33,500. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Penguin Group (USA) Inc. is the U.S. member of the internationally renowned Penguin Group. Penguin Group (USA) is one of the leading U.S. adult and children’s trade book publishers, owning a wide range of imprints and trademarks, including Viking, G. P. Putnam’s Sons, The Penguin Press, Riverhead Books, Dutton, Penguin Books, Berkley Books, Gotham Books, Portfolio, New American Library, Plume, Tarcher, Philomel, Grosset & Dunlap, Puffin, and Frederick Warne, among others. The Penguin Group (http://www.penguin.com) is part of Pearson plc, the international media company.
Penguin Group (USA) values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. They are an Equal Opportunity Employer.