As Spring term ends, the M.S. in Publishing Blog will be taking a short break, starting May 11. Don’t worry, though! The blog will be back on May 29, when Summer I term begins. If you have any questions until then, don’t hesitate to email Professor Jane Denning at email@example.com.
Book Industry Study Group | Summer 2018 Intern
The Book Industry Study Group (BISG) is “a non-profit trade association that works to create a more informed, effective, and transparent supply chain for books and book-like products.” Its membership includes trade, education, professional, and scholarly publishers, as well as distributors, wholesalers, retailers, manufacturers, service providers, and libraries. To date, about 200 companies are members of BISG, and they all work together to “help the industry run more effectively and efficiently.”
BISG is looking for a Summer Intern to assist with administrative tasks, database management, and social media communications. This is a great opportunity to learn about operations and marketing in the book publishing industry. The chosen intern will work 20 hours/week and will be paid $12/hour.
- Report to BISG’s Operations Manager: Complete a wide variety of tasks pertaining to the promotion and preparation of bi-monthy webinars, in-person events, and conferences
- An undergraduate or graduate student, or a candidate with equivalent experience
- Be self-motivated and enthusiastic about the book publishing industry
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of or an interest in metadata, rights, subject codes, or supply chain issues is a benefit, but not required
- Familiarity with Excel, Google Suite, Twitter, and LinkedIn is strongly preferred
All interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Maya Fakundiny (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 28, 2018.
Berghahn Books | Assistant to the Managing Director
Berghahn Books is an independent publisher of scholarly books and journals in the Humanities and Social Sciences. It has over 40 journals, and publishes more than 100 titles each year in subjects such as Anthropology, Migration & Refugee Studies, Geography, History, and Film Studies. Continue reading “Jobs & Internships | May 10 – 16”
It’s almost summer! ARE YOU AS EXCITED AS WE ARE? Term officially ends tomorrow, which means we’ll have 18 days to read before classes pick back up. I’m imagining parks and smoothies in my future. (Unfortunately, there will be no beach. Sigh.) Looking for some reading inspiration? Search no further. Kim and I have got you covered. Continue reading “Summer Reads!”