Penguin Group (USA) Inc. has a unique opportunity available for a customer-service-oriented individual to join their Special Markets department. The Special Markets Assistant will provide sales support in all aspects to the Mail Order/Display Marketing division of the Special Markets department. While working collaboratively with the Assistant Director and Special Markets Sales Representative, this position will have the opportunity to interact with top accounts and assist with the sales of Penguin’s titles across all imprints in both the Adult & Young Readers divisions.
If you are interested in learning about sales within a large publishing company, read on!
Specifically, the Special Markets Assistant:
- Corresponds with all Special Markets clients to answer questions, fulfill requests and advise on orders.
- Edits Special Markets orders and reports on trends.
- Creates, runs and analyzes sales and budget reports.
- Liaises with other departments including, but not limited to: Operations, Customer Service, Publicity, Editorial, Credit and Art.
- Provides administrative support for department (distributes mail, coordinates and distributes sales materials, maintains showroom, etc.).
- Attends all children’s launch meetings and other meetings, as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; high degree of professionalism with sound judgment and pleasant phone demeanor
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to see projects through to completion
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift/carry boxes of up to 35 lbs without assistance
- Experience using ACT! 6.0, SAP, Firebrand and/or Business Objects a plus
- Experience working with budgets a plus
Salary for this position is $33,500. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Penguin Group (USA) Inc. is the U.S. member of the internationally renowned Penguin Group. Penguin Group (USA) is one of the leading U.S. adult and children’s trade book publishers, owning a wide range of imprints and trademarks, including Viking, G. P. Putnam’s Sons, The Penguin Press, Riverhead Books, Dutton, Penguin Books, Berkley Books, Gotham Books, Portfolio, New American Library, Plume, Tarcher, Philomel, Grosset & Dunlap, Puffin, and Frederick Warne, among others. The Penguin Group (http://www.penguin.com) is part of Pearson plc, the international media company.
Penguin Group (USA) values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. They are an Equal Opportunity Employer