EDITORIAL ASSISTANT—PART TIME
Thieme Publishers Inc., an award-winning international medical and science publisher, seeks a well-organized and creative candidate for a Part-time Editorial Assistant.
The Editorial Assistant will manage author relations and manuscript flow; track, review and log manuscript and art; and perform administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will:
–understand all aspects of editorial development of heavily illustrated, high-quality medical books;
–be comfortable working within tight deadlines with demanding authors and be able to confidently manage multiple projects simultaneously;
–be able to work independently, while contributing to the success of a highly focused editorial team;
— liaise with production, sales, marketing at all stages of project;
— be comfortable developing products (content and structure) for media neutral delivery (electronic and print products);
–have excellent written and spoken English; and
–have previous experience.
Please apply by contacting Mary Jo Casey at 862-703-1878 or email@example.com
Do you have an interest in design? Advertising? Promotions?
The Putnam, Riverhead, and Tarcher Advertising and Promotions department is looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual. This person will support the Associate Director in maintaining an organized and productive environment. This position is also responsible for designing various promotional materials.
Specifically, the Advertising and Promotions Assistant will:
- Work closely with the Ad/Promo Associate Director and design team to maintain organized and productive workflow.
- Work with manager and paperback team to coordinate, layout, and submit designed back ads for production.
- Design posters and blowups and coordinate printing, meeting all deadlines.
- Design print and online advertisements and promotional materials, including static and animated ads, printed postcards, bookmarks, and brochures for the Tarcher imprint.
- Route catalog copy for the Riverhead, Putnam, Tarcher, and Audio imprints during catalog season.
- Design images for social media for all imprints.
- Update department status report, including keeping track of all requests from publicity, sales, marketing and working with manager and designers to deliver on time.
- Organize presentation run-throughs, booking rooms and contacting attendees for scheduling.
- Maintain the advertising archive, filing ads and promotional items.
- Set up promo item ISBNs in Firebrand.
- Create visual presentations using InDesign and PowerPoint.
- Provide administrative support when needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Four year college degree in graphic design or communications design or equivalent work experience
- Highly proficient in Photoshop and InDesign
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail; able to turn projects around quickly and multitask
- Strong interest in book publishing and promotional design
Preferred qualifications include:
- Knowledge of Illustrator
- Strong interest in advertising and promotions
The salary for this position is $35,250. Full-time employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits package. To apply, submit your portfolio, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls/agencies please.
Interns are needed in order to help the White Plains Cares Coalition with the development of a Health and Wellness Magazine!
The internship will run from March to August of 2014, and each intern will receive a stipend payment for 60 hours of work.
- Magazine formatting
- Content development
- Interviewing for articles
- Marketing assistance
Applicants must be proficient with MS Office. Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator would be helpful, but is not required.
Send your resume and cover letter directly to Chanelle Hyde, Coalition & Community Youth Court Coordinator, at Chyde@whiteplainsny.gov.
Spring 2014 Journalism Intern
Business Insider is looking for paid interns to join our editorial team this January!
As an intern at Business Insider, there’s no getting coffee, filing, or making copies. Our interns are an integral part of our team. Many of our current reporters and editors started as interns.
BI Interns spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, writing, pitching and producing features — even breaking news if the timing’s right. Interns are encouraged to work full-time if their schedule allows. We require 3 days a week minimum.
Other perks? We have tons of free snacks, a great office environment, and a ping-pong table where we hold quarterly tournaments.
When it comes to qualifications, a journalism background and experience writing for a news site always helps, as do copy-editing skills and light HTML and Photoshop experience. Knowledge of social media and previous writing experience are both useful, too.
Please send your resume and three journalism clips. Please briefly describe which BI section(s) interest you most and why. (Don’t know what our sections are? Check out the nav bar on the home page.) And, please note: this internship requires that you work in our Manhattan office.
This internship position is posted on e-Recruiting, and students will need to be registered with the Career Services Internship program in order to apply. If any interested students are not already registered with the Internship program, please direct them to Career Services at 212-346-1950 or Justin Krass at email@example.com.
Penguin Group (USA) Inc. has an opening in their Special Markets department for a Premium Sales Assistant! The Premium Sales Assistant works with accounts ranging from celebrity literacy programs to Fortune 500 companies. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Special Markets, the assistant will provide administrative and sales support related to the Director’s roster of accounts as well as their own incoming orders from new customers and customers not specifically assigned to a sales representative. This position will also research and collate their own targeted sales pitch efforts as well as maintain sales reports and create digital sales materials in a variety of formats.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Executing all aspects of orders by new (non-account) customers (i.e. fielding initial calls and emails, quoting prices, opening new accounts, performing customer service follow-up).
- Providing direct sales support to Vice President related to key accounts and major new sales efforts including generating electronic sales tools, researching contacts, sourcing samples and routing packages.
- Creating dynamic digital sales materials using third party tools in conjunction with in-house content.
- Researching and collating title specific sales pitches to specific target customers.
- Providing general administrative support to Vice President and department at large.
- Reviewing and filtering all leads coming in the Premium Corporate Sales website and Special Markets email inbox.
- Attending and representing the department at larger meetings, as necessary.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to follow through on projects from conception to completion
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and manage shifting priorities
- Genuine interest in publishing sales
- Professional, polite, articulate and friendly phone demeanor
- Prior office experience with an emphasis on administrative support
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to use PowerPoint and other digital presentation tools
- Web research skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access preferred
Salary for this position is $33,500. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Penguin Group (USA) Inc. is the U.S. member of the internationally renowned Penguin Group. Penguin Group (USA) is one of the leading U.S. adult and children’s trade book publishers, owning a wide range of imprints and trademarks, including Viking, G. P. Putnam’s Sons, The Penguin Press, Riverhead Books, Dutton, Penguin Books, Berkley Books, Gotham Books, Portfolio, New American Library, Plume, Tarcher, Philomel, Grosset & Dunlap, Puffin, and Frederick Warne, among others. The Penguin Group (http://www.penguin.com) is part of Pearson plc, the international media company.
Penguin Group (USA) values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. They are an Equal Opportunity Employer.