Publishers Weekly’s Book Review Department is looking for 2 to 3 interns for the fall semester. The positions are part-time and unpaid, but if you love books and are considering a career in book or magazine publishing, Publishers Weekly’s Book Review Department is the best place to learn about these rapidly changing industries.
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with review editors
- Write, fact-check, and edit reviews and short author interviews
Interns will also help staff our very busy bookroom, which receives hundreds of books a week. Your job will include:
- Unpacking books and trafficking them to editors and reviewers, and helping m aintain a log of assignments
- Doing liaison work with publishers (requesting review copies, art, etc.)
- Learn tasks quickly
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Follow through and meet tight deadlines
If you would like to interview for an intern position, e-mail Sarah Gold, senior reviews editor, at email@example.com, by Monday, Sept. 10, and put “fall internship” in the subject line. Please attach a resume and a writing sample or link to one (a class paper is fine). Be sure to CC Professor Jane Kinney-Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org.