It’s the beginning of summer and the perfect time to be searching for a job or an internship. This week, instead of listing available jobs and internships within the publishing industry, we thought it would be helpful to show you some of our favorite websites to go to for daily job listings. Continue reading “Jobs & Internships | Where to Search”
Location: New York, NY
We are currently seeking a Contracts Assistant to support the Putnam Adult Contracts Department.
1. Preparing contract summary data entry by interpreting legal documents, mostly in the form of author contracts.
2. Performing contract research and summarizing findings.
3. Drafting audio recording reader agreements and manuscript due date extensions.
4. Processing reversion of rights requests from authors.
5. Providing administrative support (copying, scanning, routing, filing, maintaining databases and data-driven spreadsheets, etc.).
6. Interpreting contractual provisions to provide information for other departments.
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
– 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience.
– Interest in contracts and/or the publishing industry.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Willingness to learn how to interpret and create legal and contract language.
– Excellent attention to detail.
– Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
– Ability to work effectively with peers, management, and outside vendors.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Word and basic Excel.
Please apply using our online application process here.
Random House Children’s Books
Title: Sales Assistant
Location: New York, NY
The Sales Department at Random House Children’s Books is looking for an assistant to support the Mass Merchandise team. Reporting directly to the Vice President & Director, this position allows for the opportunity to learn all about the children’s book sales process in a fast-paced environment!
Specifically, the Sales Assistant:
1. Creates and maintains item set-up forms and title spreadsheets.
2. Maintains weekly sales tracking grids.
3. Creates and maintains historical market share reports for major mass retailers including Target and Walmart.
4. Attends and takes notes at meetings and distributes notes accordingly.
5. Assists with the preparation for sell-in appointments including running reports, gathering and preparing materials, and updating item set-up files.
6. Runs weekly and monthly reports including point of sale, sell-in recaps, canceled orders, market share updates, and holiday promotions.
7. Prepares PowerPoint presentations for account previews.
• 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
• Prior office/administrative experience
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to successfully handle multiple projects at a time
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on numbers and financials
• Previous publishing experience is a plus
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position for which you are applying in the subject line. No phone calls/agencies.
Title: Assistant Editor
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Northside Media is looking for an Assistant Editor. Our ideal candidate will have a deep interest in and ongoing engagement with life in Brooklyn, as well as the ability to translate this into appealing, insightful articles for our audience.
General familiarity with life in Brooklyn; specific familiarity with certain aspects, i.e. culture, food,
Ability to write clean copy with a quick turnaround time
Ability to pitch individual stories, plus contribute to larger, team-driven pieces
Ability to copy edit
Strong writing voice
Strong judgment of what constitutes an engaging story
Apply online at Mediabistro.
Title: Social Media Editor
Location: New York City
Delish.com is seeking a temporary freelance social media editor to schedule multiple daily posts across platforms. Must haves: a love of food, an eye for detail, and an understanding of how to best promote food content on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. Prior social media experience with a food or lifestyle brand is preferred, but not required.
GalleyCat is the self-proclaimed “First Word on the Book Publishing Industry.” MediaBistro, a website that publishes blogs and job listings for journalists, is the main website under which GalleyCat resides. As its shameless proclamation indicates, this specific section of the website is solely dedicated to the publishing industry. GalleyCat provides its visitors with breaking news about the publishing industry as well as job opportunities, reviews, and tools for authors. This valuable resource draws from various aspects of the publishing industry and compiles them to make life easier for entrants and veterans of the industry. GalleyCat is the authority on updates on the DOJ case and job listings for impending graduates. See what it has to offer you!