Grand Central Publishing: Publicity Assistant
Location: New York, NY
Grand Central Publishing (formerly Warner Books) is an imprint at Hachette Book Group, one of the Big 5 publishers. It has published books by many authors, including: James Patterson (Women’s Murder Club), David Baldacci (End Game), and Min Jin Lee (Pachinko). Continue reading “Jobs of the Week”
MS in Publishing students looking for a summer internship should consider the Editorial and Marketing Internship opportunity at McGraw-Hill!
McGraw-Hill Higher Education has an exciting paid opportunity for an Editorial and Marketing Intern in our Humanities, Social Science and World Languages (HSSL) Division.
This part-time internship is based out of our New York office (2 Penn Plaza) and pays $12 per hour.
The intern will support the Specialized Programs group by performing administrative duties such as maintaining files, updating marketing documents, and navigating company databases to complete projects as they come up. Candidates must be able to work at least two days a week from 9 am to 5 pm and are expected to continue through the fall. This part-time internship is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the educational publishing industry.
McGraw-Hill Higher Education (MHHE) is a leading provider of print and digital materials serving the college market, publishing instructional materials including textbooks, lab manuals, study guides, testing materials, software, and multimedia products.
To Apply: Students must apply on Pace’s e-Recruiting website and be registered with the Internship program. If you are not already registered, please contact the Career Services. Click here for the Career Services link or call the office at 212-346-1950 for more information.
Location: New York, New York
McGraw Hill is looking for publicists! They are responsible for executing Publicity campaigns to create demand for Business, Education, Test Prep and Language print and ebooks via print, online and broadcast media placements.
- Implement media campaigns to generate press placements to drive demand for our products
- Work with authors to maximize their media platforms
- Measure sales impact of activities through analysis of Bookscan and Amazon Retail Analytics
- Manage category pitches for select areas in Business and Education
- Work with business, book, and education bloggers
- Communicate publicity plans and results to authors and colleagues
- Promote backlist products
- Present at sales meetings
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of book Publicity experience
- Proven success in generating media placements
- Business book experience a plus—but general non-fiction is terrific
- Minimum four-year degree from an accredited college/university
- Established press contacts and extensive knowledge of the media to create effective publicity campaigns
- Proficient in using social media vehicles to publicize titles
- Ability to pitch using an ebook file from NetGalley or our own elibrary
- Working knowledge of Netgalley, Cision, Burrelles preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and time management skills
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
Click here for more info and to apply.
Company: Rowman & Littlefield
Position: Acquisitions Editor
Location: New York, NY and Washington, DC
Rowman & Littlefield has long been recognized as a leading publisher in politics and for its co-publishing partnerships with leading public policy research organizations. We seek an acquiring editor with demonstrated public policy acquisitions experience to help build our list and expand our network of co-publishing relationships. The successful candidate will seek out individual authors and expand our co-publishing partnerships in innovative ways for both traditional print and electronic editions. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated book acquisitions experience and a flaire for turning the arena of national politics and public policy into successful book publishing ventures for audiences ranging from Beltway insiders to general readers. He or she will possess superior editorial judgment, an established network of authors and institutions, and an ability to work independently. Candidates should have 3+ years of related publishing experience and outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Working with individual authors, agents, and public policy organizations to develop proposals and final manuscripts
- Managing ongoing relationships with current and future co-publishing partners
Presenting new projects to the editorial board and negotiating publishing agreement.
- Overseeing the publishing process for each title, including serving as primary liaison with the production, design, marketing, publicity, and sales departments.
Click here for more information and to apply.
McGraw-Hill Education is currently seeking candidates who will help raise awareness of their free platform and expand their member base on campuses around the country. Prospective interns must have a strong interest in social media, marketing, event planning, education, PR, and overall web 2.0 start-up operations. The position is unpaid; however, the intern will receive a daily lunch stipend and monthly metro card. Hours are flexible, and the position would hopefully extend through the winter.
In order to qualify for the position, candidates must have: Web 2.0 knowledge, experience with Excel, excellent written and communication skills, previous marketing/PR experience (not compulsory, but advantageous), and a 3.0 GPA.
The primary tasks of the position include:
- Researching and planning campus grassroots marketing campaigns for the fall semester
- Recruiting campus ambassadors for spring
- Supporting the marketing team with strategic development and implementation
- Supporting the sales team with research and outreach
- Supporting social media marketing efforts – Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, etc.
- Administrative work including site maintenance activities and notes moderation
Please email your resume to email@example.com with a brief paragraph explaining why you would like to join the team.