Springer Publishing Company seeks an intern to work part-time (two days per week) through the spring semester (January-May) in their fast-paced marketing department. They are an independent academic publisher with a growing books and journals publishing program. A monthly stipend will be paid to the qualifying intern.
Duties will include:
- Post and monitor Springer Publishing Company on Facebook and Twitter, and research expanding followers across all social media platforms
- Fulfill review copy requests, enter reviews into the database, and research potential new publicity outlets
- Create and edit marketing materials for sponsorships and exhibitions
- Draft, review, and post blog entries
- Aid in customer prospect list-building
- Revise and refine website copy
- General office assistance
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Self-starter with creativity and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team-player who can work with others
- A strong interest in marketing
- Good computer skills, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- The ideal candidate will be smart, versatile, and comfortable in a fairly fluid role
If interested, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Chris Hardin, Marketing Manager, at email@example.com by December 23rd. Please copy (CC) Professor Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McGraw-Hill Education is currently seeking candidates who will help raise awareness of their free platform and expand their member base on campuses around the country. Prospective interns must have a strong interest in social media, marketing, event planning, education, PR, and overall web 2.0 start-up operations. The position is unpaid; however, the intern will receive a daily lunch stipend and monthly metro card. Hours are flexible, and the position would hopefully extend through the winter.
In order to qualify for the position, candidates must have: Web 2.0 knowledge, experience with Excel, excellent written and communication skills, previous marketing/PR experience (not compulsory, but advantageous), and a 3.0 GPA.
The primary tasks of the position include:
- Researching and planning campus grassroots marketing campaigns for the fall semester
- Recruiting campus ambassadors for spring
- Supporting the marketing team with strategic development and implementation
- Supporting the sales team with research and outreach
- Supporting social media marketing efforts – Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, etc.
- Administrative work including site maintenance activities and notes moderation
Please email your resume to email@example.com with a brief paragraph explaining why you would like to join the team.
When: Tuesday, October 25th, 6:00PM
Where: M.S. in Publishing Lab – Room 806
Professor Bachiman has arranged for Leith El-Hassan, the Ad Council’s Vice President of Media Marketing & Distribution Services, to conduct a lecture on the principles and practices of online marketing. The Ad Council is a non-profit organization that issues public service announcements on behalf of other establishments, including non-profits and government agencies.
El-Hassan intends to focus on how the media uses different websites to access specific information and how they gear the sites and sections of each site towards the media’s individual needs. Based on research, data mining, surveys, and direct feedback, he is able to ascertain user’s needs.
The lecture is open to all interested students. If you plan on attending, please notify Professor Bachiman by October 23; her e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Berghahn Books is an independent scholarly publisher in the humanities and social sciences, with a focus on History, Anthropology, Politics & Economics, and Film Studies. They are currently looking for a Marketing intern for 2-3 days a week. The experience requires a responsible person who can handle multiple responsibilities in a small-firm environment, and the position will involve assisting with a range of tasks from market research to database work.
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Abigail Major at email@example.com.
A well-known architecture publication, the Architect’s Newspaper, is looking for an Ad Sales/Marketing intern. This job will entail compiling media kits, collecting materials, preparing mailings, and assisting in a variety of other general tasks and projects. The experience gained will give firsthand knowledge of what it takes to work in a publishing environment.
The Architect’s Newspaper is located at 21 Murray St, between Church and Broadway. It is looking for a personable individual with initiative and energy.
Applicants must be able to work at least two days a week and can be available to begin either immediately or in January. If interested, please email your resume and available hours to Linh Thoi at firstname.lastname@example.org.