With a history of over 60 years of content, Highlights has a need for a Content Management Specialist!
The main function of this position is to accept requests for content, retrieve content, prepare files, and deliver files via the appropriate method in the required time frame, while tracking the requests and improving the content repository through metadata capture and file organization. Being able to prioritize and re-prioritize projects while meeting all agreed-upon deadlines and deliverables is a must. The role also includes supporting the manager of asset services on a variety of organizational and process-oriented projects related to the continuous improvement of the content repository.
- Handle a variety of requests from internal as well as external customers, including editorial, marketing, licensing, and international teams.
- Convert files to various formats (requires familiarity with CS4 and Quark)
- Send files via Internet or post.
- Coordinate file transfer and distribution of files as it relates to our international partnerships.
- Follow-up with customers to be sure files have been received in the appropriate format.
- Organize and save new file formats for the content repository.
- Check rights availability and file formats for requests.
- Create screen PDF’s and various other formats of existing assets upon request.
Track asset requests in FileMaker–
- Create a project outline for each request.
- Share information about individual projects with individuals involved.
- Track requests.
- Maintain asset request tracking system within the FileMaker database.
- Develop overall understanding of the entire FileMaker database. Develop understanding of existing data, search, and reporting capabilities.
- Perform associated data entry.
Document and assist in creating new processes–
- Provide support to the manager of asset services, which will include involvement in a variety of organizational and process-oriented projects.
- Document processes to lead to better consistency in the capture of information and publishing processes.
- Continuously add to and improve existing metadata, organize values lists, create taxonomies and controlled vocabularies.
- Develop an understanding of industry best practices in Content Management and Digital Asset Management.
- Train/help editorial and administrative staff with FileMaker input, search, and process development.
Maintain Digital Asset Management system–
- Develop deep understanding of Portfolio Digital Asset Management software.
- Create content samples from PDF library of content using Portfolio Digital Asset Management software.
- Train/help users understand how to use Portfolio software for their needs. Tasks include: building galleries, performing searches, applying keywords and metadata values.
- Add content to the content repository.
- Perform general maintenance on all files.
• Bachelor’s degree • 24 years’ experience in a related role. • Excellent software skills with ability to learn our existing content management software (Portfolio, FileMaker). • Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign. • Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite 4 and Quark. • Ability to understand how to use content management software to search content and apply keywords to individual pieces of content. • Good organizational skills. • Ability to easily take on new tasks as they arise. • Self-motivated and able to develop a strong understanding of Highlights products and file formats in a short amount of time. • Mac (expert) and PC skills. • Relocation to Northeastern Pennsylvania. •
Please submit resumes in either Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com, Place “Content Management Specialist” in the subject line.