American Book Producers Association, Administrator
Coordinate the administrative functions of this book industry trade group. Duties include tracking membership, helping to organize events, communication to members and book industry about organization events, maintenance of website, attendance at and taking minutes at monthly board of directors meeting. The position will offer visibility to a wide range of book industry professionals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
Part-time: approximately 15 hours/month
Location: this is an independent contractor position and the person will work largely on his or her own time.
Resumes should be sent to Richard Rothschild, the president of the ABPA, at email@example.com. Please also copy Professor Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oxford University Press is looking for a Sales and Marketing Coordinator in the Global Marketing Department. The Sales and Marketing Cordinator provides administrative and executive support to the Vice President of Global Marketing for Oxford University Press’s Global Academic Business.
Global Marketing is a 200+ global team comprised of Product Marketing, Discipline and End-User Marketing, Market Research, Branding and Communications, Publicity, Digital Marketing, Social Media, Direct Marketing and Retail and Wholesale Account Management and Merchandising.
This position is ideal for a candidate who:
- Has a passion to receive an immersive and deep education in publishing and/or marketing and sales.
- Loves a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Thrives in an environment where self-initiative can add tremendous value.
- Enjoys a broad-based vantage point of a growing and changing business.
- General Administrative Duties:
- Answering phone, write correspondence, fax, file, etc.
- Maintain overbooked Outlook calendar with attention to corresponding time zones.
- Manage departmental budgets and expenses.
- Manage internal and external communications; proofread and edit numerous high-profile correspondences.
- Serve as the general contact for all Marketing Directors in NY, Cary, and Oxford headquarter offices and global satellite offices.
- Manage to-do lists.
- PowerPoint Presentations:
- Compile information from different internal departments.
- Conduct independent research.
- Find appropriate imagery.
- Global Travel Coordination:
- Manage flights, itineraries, correspondence and visas as necessary.
- Liaise with team in the UK for bimonthly trips.
- Meeting Planning and Administration:
- Develop schedules and agendas for senior management team meetings and general staff briefings.
- Facilitate and ensure seamless setup of executive level meetings.
- Take and circulate minutes in a timely fashion.
- Follow up on action plan reporting and deliverables from various functions within the company.
- Coordinate with internal staff and external consultants to pull together necessary agendas, video conference set-up, and refreshments for high-level meetings.
- Flexibility to do special projects for the department.
- BA or Equivalent
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, and a creative problem solver
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must possess a clear ability to follow directions
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- PowerPoint: design, animation, etc.
- Excel: formulas, macros, filters, formulas etc.
- Word: merge, templates, etc.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with senior management administrative assistance a plus
If you are interested in applying, email your resume (no cover letter needed) to email@example.com, and copy Professor Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oxford University Press is hiring an Online Marketing Assistant to work in the Direct Response Marketing and Sales Department. The Online Marketing Assistant is responsible for administrating and producing OUP-USA email campaigns. This individual carries out a variety of tasks from scheduling and producing email campaigns to providing ad-hoc support for special initiatives in online marketing. This person will work closely with colleagues in product marketing, direct mail and exhibits to ensure that all efforts are combined effectively. Flexibility, strong communication skills, inventive marketing ideas, organization and attention to detail are all critical success qualities.
- Responsible for scheduling, creating (using HTML and Dreamweaver), and deploying regular email marketing campaigns to targeted recipient lists.
- Coordinate with marketing staff for email content, featured product selection, and timely execution of email campaigns.
- QA and test emails (HTML and text versions) for compatibility with multiple email clients and web browsers; ensure all links, images, prices and subject lines are correct.
- Collect and analyze performance metrics for all email campaigns.
- Work with Online Marketing Manager to execute special projects related to increasing site presence and email list growth.
- Research and develop new Online Marketing initiatives in coordination with Online Marketing team.
- Collect and distribute monthly campaign metrics.
- Proficiency with HTML and Dreamweaver is highly-preferable. Experience with CSS and Adobe Photoshop is beneficial but not crucial.
- Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines are crucial.
- Typical Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Project, etc.) are required.
- BA or BS required; one year of work experience is preferable.
- Fundamental knowledge of publishing and/or online marketing is beneficial.
If you are interested in applying for this position, email your resume (no cover letter needed) to email@example.com, and copy Professor Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholastic is looking for an energetic, highly organized Creative Assistant to work in the Creative Services Department of Scholastic’s Trade Marketing group.
The Creative Services group writes, designs, and releases all collateral materials for the marketing, publicity, conventions, and educational/library teams. Items that the group creates range from bookmarks, displays, ads (online and print), discussion guides, posters, in-store signage, and website builds to powerpoint presentations.
The Creative Services Assistant will:
- Work closely with Brand Managers on newsletter placements and external ad campaigns
- Administrative support for the VP, Trade Marketing
- Provide Production assistance
- Manage Estimating Process through Manufacturing
- Track Released jobs through Manufacturing
- Manage Cover Art Collection
- Create Powerpoint presentations
- Assist with Digital Marketing projects
- Pull assets for site maintenance updates (generally buy links, covers, and excerpts from The Source, and summaries from the catalog)
- Experience in publishing/creative field useful, but not required
- Some design experience is a plus
- Solid writing and communication skills required
- Knowledge of various computer systems: Experience with Excel, Word, Quark, Adobe, Powerpoint, FileMaker Pro)
- Ablity to multi-task
- Good follow-through skills
If you are interested in this job position, please send your resume and cover letter to Professor Denning at email@example.com by Friday, May 11.