Tethered by Letters: Online Internship
Location: Remote, Online
Hours: 15 hours per week
Tethered by Letters (TBL) is a nonprofit, independent publisher based in Denver, Colorado. It is devoted to helping creatives reach their full potential. Through its education, community, and publishing divisions, TBL works to foster a love of literature, increase literacy rates, and help new creators succeed in the publishing industry. Continue reading “Jobs of the Week”
Rosen Publishing: Editorial Assistant
Location: New York, NY
Rosen Publishing is an independent educational publishing house that serves the needs of students in grades Pre-K through 12 with high interest, curriculum-correlated materials. They are seeking qualified, detail-oriented, and highly organized candidates for their Editorial Assistant position.
Continue reading “Jobs of the Week”
Seeking a Full-Time Children’s Managing Editorial/Reprints Assistant
New York, NY
Simon & Schuster, a part of CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.
• Strong computer skills needed
• Good communication skills are necessary
• Interest in children’s book publishing
• College degree preferred.
• Responsible for tracking reprints and reprint corrections for the 11 children’s imprints
• Daily interaction with editorial, design, production, and supply chain departments
• Strong copyediting, proofreading, and organizational skills are needed to ensure that an average of 40 reprint titles per week are accurately tracked and reprinted.
If you are interested in applying, click here.
Pace University will be holding the Spring 2017 Job and Internship Fair on Wednesday, February 15, from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm in the Gym and Student Union of One Pace Plaza.
Be sure to bring in your updated resume and look interview ready. There will be over 125 employers at the event all looking for a mix of majors and hiring for various positions.
Make sure to have several copies of your resume on hand, dress in your best professional attire, and get ready to do some very important networking.
Among the companies that will be in attendance will be iHeartMedia, IBM, KPMG, Deloitte, NYC District Attorney’s Office, Warner Music Group and many more.
This event is open to all students. For more information and to see the full list of employers, visit Handshake.
Please visit the Pace Career Services page if you have any additional questions about resumes, jobs, or internships.
Specializing in fields of higher education, Berghahn Books is an independent publisher that focuses on producing academic books and journals.
Berghahn Books is looking for an Editorial Assistant for its books division in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Reporting to two senior acquisitions editors, the Assistant will provide essential support for the day-to-day operations of the Editorial department and will work closely with authors who are preparing manuscripts for production. Benefits for the position include health and dental care, a 401K, and bonuses.
• Working with authors to ensure timely submission of manuscripts, images, permissions, and other deliverables
• Preparing materials for handover to the Production department
• Maintaining publication schedules and departmental databases
• Circulating schedules and keeping notes for Production-Editorial meetings
• Providing administrative support for peer reviews and other aspects of the acquisitions process
• Drafting cover and catalog copy
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently in a small-firm environment
• Familiarity with MS Office suite; experience with FileMaker Pro and Adobe Creative suite a plus
• Basic understanding of/demonstrated interest in higher education and the subject areas in which Berghahn publishes are strongly preferred.
Anyone interested in the position must send their resume and a cover letter and resume to:
Chris Chappell, Senior Editor