ATTENTION all MS in Publishing Students:
If you have not yet taken PUB 699A, Internship I, and are interested in doing so during the spring 2014 semester, now is the time to be applying for spring internship positions.
Please contact Professor Jane Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP so that she can begin working with you on your resume and cover letters. There is a wonderful MS in Publishing Internship Website available exclusively for students enrolling in the fall course but you need to contact Professor Denning to access the site.
Click here for a description of the PUB 699 A and B course sequence.
Are you interested in the Hispanic publishing field in the U.S.?
Then this is the right internship for you!
Sudaquia Editores is looking for a smart, proactive, organized and detail-oriented intern who wants to learn about the Hispanic publishing field in the U.S. This will be a very enriched experience, and working with a start-up you will be involved first hand with all the steps of the editorial process in a very nice environment in Manhattan. This is a Spring Internship (2014). You will work 20 hours per week in a flexible schedule.
You will be responsible for:
- Social media management
- Marketing and promotion
- Writing press releases (English and Spanish)
- Other office tasks
- MUST be fluent in Spanish (Most of the work is done in Spanish)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or similar
- Internet savvy
- Knowledge of management of Social Media platform: Twitter, Facebook, Hootsuite, Linkedin, etc.
Send us your application at email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and a Spanish writing sample of 2-3 pages.
This is an unpaid internship.
New York City Chapter of the Women’s National Book Association is looking to immediately fill the position of Social Media Coordinator. This is a volunteer position, a great resume building opportunity, as well as a wonderful way to give back to the organization. The Social Media Coordinator will:
- Manage Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest pages by posting relevant content to the
- WNBA community
- Track followers and fans for monthly reports to be shared during monthly meetings
- Encourage membership and community engagement through posts
- Promote and attend events, post content on respective events
- Coordinate with blog editor and other WNBA-NYC members for posts and content creation
The New York City Chapter of the Women’s National Book Association is looking to immediately fill the position of Blog Editor. This is a volunteer position, a great resume building opportunity, as well as a wonderful way to give back to the organization. The Blog Editor will .
Assist blog manager with:
- Creating, editing, and proofreading blog posts, including member interviews, event promotion, feature writing, and member news updates
- Researching appropriate topics for blog posts
- Tracking followers using WordPress statistics for monthly reports
- Attending events and writing recaps for the blog
- Coordinating with Social Media manager for posts and content creation
- Promoting member involvement on the blog
If you are interested, please email your resume to Professor Jane Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Thursday, October 3rd, from 2:00-5:00 pm, Pace University is holding its Fall Job & Internship Fair at 1 Pace Plaza. There will be over one hundred employers–all searching for qualified candidates. If you are an MS in Publishing student, this is a great opportunity to showcase your excellent publishing skills, as many companies will be looking for candidates with the skills you have. Dress professionally, bring copies of your resume, and be prepared to broadcast your skills! Registration for this event is completely free, and both current students and Pace alumni are welcome.
The following companies are looking for Publishing students:
- RosettaBooks (looking for Production Intern and Marketing Intern)
- TheStreet, Inc. (looking for Product Specialist, Product Marketing Associate, Graphic Designer, and Editor)
Contact Pace University Career Services with any questions/concerns.
Good luck and we hope to see you there!
Type: Paid Internship
Position: Marketing Intern
Location: DUMBO, New York
Berghahn Books is seeking a marketing intern for its DUMBO-based books division. The experience requires a responsible person who can handle multiple tasks in a small-firm environment with minimal supervision.
The position will involve assisting with a range of tasks from market research and social media outreach to database management. As an independent press, this position will offer a great opportunity to learn many facets of the publishing process.
This is a paid open-ended internship (3 days a week ca. 20 hours) with long-term placement opportunities.
Candidates should have experience using social media platforms and be familiar with book discovery platforms. Good researching skills are important. An interest in scholarly publishing is valuable and a background in social sciences or the humanities a plus. Excellent communication skills and a command of English grammar and spelling as well as proficiency in Word processing applications are vital.
How to apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to Vivian Berghahn: email@example.com
About Berghahn Books:
Berghahn Books is an independent scholarly publisher of books and journals in the humanities and social sciences. Its program is focused on History, Sociology & Anthropology, International Politics & Policy Studies, Cultural and Media Studies, Jewish Studies, and Migration & Refugee Studies.