Open Road Integrated Media has an opening for the spring semester for two unpaid interns to work 15 to 20 hours per week in its managing editorial department.
The managing editorial intern will assist the managing editorial department in a number of tasks related to ebook and POD production, including data entry, preparing hard copy files for digitization, device QA, departmental administrative tasks (mailing, scanning, etc.), and some proofreading.
- Enter descriptive copy and other metadata as needed in title management system
- Create copyright pages
- Prepare books for digitization
- Proofread POD files
- Perform quality assurance of Open Road titles on major reading devices (iPad, Kindle, etc.)
- Check current Open Road titles on Apple, Amazon, and other major retailers to ensure they are active and display the correct metadata
- Proofread website homepage
- Generate POD cover templates
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple and varied tasks
- Demonstrate interest in managing editorial and next-generation publishing
- Knowledge of ereader devices and social media
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Lauren Chomiuk, Managing Editorial Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Routledge, one of the worlds leading commercial academic publishers seeks an editorial assistant for the education publishing program. The editorial assistant will support two editors with all phases of the book publication process from the conceptual stage to the finished book and beyond. The assistant will be responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Routine correspondence with authors;
- File and database management;
- Tracking projects at various stages of reviewing, editing, production, and publication;
- Commissioning reviews for projects under consideration;
- Preparing manuscripts for transmittal to production including checking and processing permissions and
- Coordinating Library of Congress and copyright registration;
- Securing endorsements for books;
- Assisting in drafting and proofreading book information copy; and
- Liaising with marketing, sales, accounting, and production departments.
The duties may include convention travel, market research, report creation, and related tasks.
B.A. or equivalent educational experience. Candidate must have excellent organizational abilities, strong computer skills, experience with standard computer programs (Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, etc.), and impeccable language (grammar and spelling) and communication (oral and written) skills. Ideal candidates will be highly organized and have the ability to balance a variety of responsibilities and handle many projects simultaneously. An interest or background in education or the humanities or the social sciences is not required, but is a plus.
Please apply through Media Bistro here.