Penguin Random House
Location: New York, NY
Random House Children’s Books Sales team is currently seeking a Sales Associate to provide administrative support to the VP, Sales Director and a Regional Sales Manager. This person will also have the opportunity to sell new and backlist titles to two wholesale accounts, and work with accounts on co-op advertising and marketing. This position is based in our 1745 Broadway, New York City office.
The Sales Associate will also:
1. Run sales reports, track sales trends, and analyze sales trends.
2. Create weekly and monthly reports for sales reps and accounts.
3. Assist reps with account presentation preparations.
4. Create buy reports which also include sales analysis.
5. Prepare seasonal sell sheets and coordinate rep and account mailings.
6. Attend and take notes at weekly and monthly sales meetings.
7. Work closely with marketing and publicity departments.
8. Work on other projects as needed.
– 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
– Minimum of 1 year prior sales experience; publishing sales/book retail experience preferred
– Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to work independently and in a team setting
– Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
– Ability to travel up to 10% of the time via plane, train, and/or car
– Knowledge of SAP, Edelweiss, and Treeline a plus
Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirement to email@example.com indicating the position for which you are applying in the subject line. No phone calls/agencies.
Location: Teaneck, New Jersey
Seeking Editor with experience in the educational market to help research, develop and create innovative educational workbooks for children. Duties include market research, new title planning, project management, and all aspects of the editorial process.
The Editor will report to an Editorial Director based overseas, and collaborate with a small US-based sales and marketing staff. Specific functions include; research market trends and competitors; create proposals for new titles; test title concepts through market research; collaborate with overseas editors, designers and production staff to execute projects; maintain project schedules and deadlines; communicate with customers regarding content queries; plan and create biannual catalogs; update website; create sales and marketing materials; manage digital cover and content files; support sales and marketing staff; represent company at educational symposiums, trade shows and educational publishing associations.
Prior editorial experience, specifically in children’s education; superior editorial and writing skills; excellent organization and project management skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with overseas colleagues; ability to work with digital files; willingness to learn our specific educational philosophy and work under the supervision of an overseas editor; flexibility and enthusiasm; experience with MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel; familiarity with PDF and InDesign a plus. Overseas travel 2 to 4 times a year required.
For the right candidate, this position offers the potential for steady growth. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Our office is a short commute from NYC.
Click here to apply online.
Location: South Miami, FL
Miami-based travel-related company seeks an editorial assistant to proofread, fact-check, coordinate projects, and write. The scope of work includes marketing materials, print and digital magazines, an annual directory, websites, and email newsletters.
Benefits & Compensation:
We are committed to offering competitive pay and benefits to our employees. We conduct regular compensation reviews to ensure that our employees continue to earn a fair and equitable compensation package relative to that of other industry competitors.
This position requires a left- and right-brained thinker with impeccable grammar skills, a laser-sharp eye for detail, and the ability to meet frequent deadlines. You should be the kind of person who derives pleasure from editing restaurant menus, and your mind should look like a California Closets catalog. Three years’ editorial experience in a publishing environment is a must.
Click here to apply online.