Lukeman Literary Management Ltd.
Title: Assistant Literary Agent
- Very tech-savvy and highly detailed oriented, with excellent organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency with Windows and Mac, and advance knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Photoshop, PDF and FTP uploading and Epub conversion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized manner.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to exercise considerable discretion in handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Strong and meticulous follow-up
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to be flexible, and to learn quickly
- Previous office experience in publishing and/or in handling similar tasks strongly preferred.
- Experience in a technical and/or production department of a publisher or literary agency
- Experience uploading to Amazon KDP, Kobo, iBooks, Google Play and B&N.
- Experience with an FTP program like Filezilla, and experience working with metadata in Excel
- Experience with EPUB conversion and ebook layout, and ideally with Altantis and Stanza
- Experience with Ingram/Lightning Source and/or POD layout and uploading
- Experience with online publicity and social networking
- Experience with website design, such as Frontpage
- Foreign languages a plus
- Knowledge of contracts and comfort in working with them
we are seeking a tech-savvy and self-motivated individual for the position of Assistant Literary Agent, answering directly to the President. The position will be primarily focused on all-things ebooks related—converting and formatting files ready for ebook production, uploading them to various platforms, social networking, online publicity, jacket design, POD layout, and overseeing a network of domestic and international distribution. The position will also be heavily focused on books in translation, so while the candidate is only required to speak English, he/she must also be at least comfortable in working with titles in other languages. While the position is tech-heavy and primarily focused on ebooks, it will also sometimes include the traditional duties of an assistant literary agent, administrative and editorial, dealing with authors, editors and others, and assisting the President as needed. It will also require working with contracts and overseeing a network of freelancers. The position will entail an endless and ever-changing array of technical duties, and as no two days will be the same, we need someone who is flexible, adapts easily to change, fast-working, and open to constantly learning in an ever-changing tech environment. This is an exciting opportunity to learn the workings of a literary agency and ebook publishing, in a hands-on position with much responsibility.
The ideal candidate will be very tech-savvy, an independent worker with outstanding administrative skills, a personable demeanor and a love for books, especially commercial fiction. The position will require the candidate to work with highly confidential and sensitive manuscripts, files, passwords, and sales and financial data, so the candidate must be highly trustworthy and have references demonstrating such. This position will also require the candidate to work remotely much of the time, so the candidate must feel comfortable being self-motivated and highly-disciplined. It will allow the candidate great freedom and flexibility of work days/hours—but also require that work goals are met. This position may also occasionally entail editing and/or copyediting, so editorial experience is preferred. The accuracy of every technical detail is crucial, so the candidate must be meticulous and detail-oriented. The position offers room for growth for the right candidate.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Metro Media News
- 3 years of experience editing or proofreading for a newspaper or magazine
- Knowledge of InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent knowledge of AP Style
- Good writing skills, including headline writing
- Comfortable working on a deadline
- Newspaper design skills a plus
Metro, the world’s largest and fastest growing online and print media company, is seeking a part-time copy editor for the New York office. This position will be responsible for proofreading pages in all three editions of Metro US. The position requires excellent knowledge of AP Style as well as grammar, spelling and attention to detail. The candidate should be familiar with a wide variety of topics, as you’ll be responsible for reading news, entertainment and sports pages. The position also will require flexibility in scheduling
To Apply: Visit this site to apply.
Little Bee Books
Title: Editorial Assistant
• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior internship or 1–2 years publishing and/or office experience in children’s publishing
• Exceptional writing skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Must have an understanding and awareness of general children’s marketplace and publishing industry
• Self-directed and independent with the ability to follow through consistently on assignments
• Good time management skills, organized, capable of multi-tasking across departments, activities, and projects
• Detail-oriented, making sure that all aspects of their daily activities are handled with accuracy
• Excellent grammar, spelling, communication, and writing skills
• Copyediting/proofreading experience preferred
• Mastery of email and calendar management tools, specifically Outlook
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must be available to start within four weeks
We are currently seeking an Editorial Assistant to provide administrative and editorial support to the Editorial Director of little bee books.
• Traffic and log editorial materials on active projects. Update editorial commissioning schedules on a weekly basis and circulate to relevant staff.
• Organize Editorial Director’s calendar as necessary. Make travel arrangements, set up meetings, and book meeting rooms.
• Liaise with other departments (design, production, sales and marketing, publicity, etc.) to relay messages, follow-up on requests for information, and in general, anticipate when to proactively act on messages.
• Communicate with authors, artists, and agents.
• Create tip sheets, budget drafts, and cover copy for children’s books.
• Proofreading, collating advances, keyboarding text corrections.
• Create and send standard letters/acknowledgements – e.g. proposal rejections/freelance applications.
• Read and evaluate manuscripts or drafts and write reader’s reports.
• Answer phones, e-mail, photocopy, mail material, file correspondence, log invoices, process expenses, and handle general editorial tasks as needed.
Please email your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com