Title: Quality Production Associate
Location: New York, NY
Palgrave Macmillan is seeking a Quality Production Associate to be involved in the oversight of vendor performance and content quality across the academic and professional program. A successful candidate must be dedicated to department goals, have the ability to juggle numerous tasks, work collaboratively across groups, manage difficult customer situations, and must have both a measured attitude and a deep understanding of the intricacies of language and grammar
Palgrave Macmillan is a global cross-market publisher specializing in quality trade non-fiction and cutting-edge academic books. We publish general interest books as well as textbooks, journals, monographs, professional, and reference works in print and online. We presently have over 6,000 active titles in subjects ranging from Political Science, Economics, and History to Literature, Linguistics, and Business. The list also contains original works by many of the foremost writers and editors in the world, including Nobel laureates and internationally recognized experts.
Key tasks include:
• Manuscript assessment and process track assignment
• Copyedited samples review and feedback.
• General quality control oversight (including liaising with outside vendors and in-house departments)
• Customer complaint analysis and resolution
• Castoffs, other work on difficult and involved projects.
• Conduct global projects in conjunction with UK counterpart to improve overall processes and quality
• 2 years of consistent copyediting and/or proofreading.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe.
• Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work independently.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
• General office experience.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in English or other related field of equivalent work experience
Click Here to apply. Be sure to include your resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Title: Editorial Specialists
Location: Berkeley, CA
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff. Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success here.
• Edits and copy edits multiple projects as they are they handed off from the authors; cross-checks all content for consistency of usage with design templates; verifies the accuracy of page references and references to graphics and charts. Reports on changes to design.
• Assists in the design and layout of curriculum publication materials. Develops and maintains layout templates for selected publications, primarily consisting of student instructional and teacher materials.
• Provides editorial guidance to authors regarding consistency in content, style, and tone.
• Ensures publication standards are met by authors and handles the expert review process. Ensures all publications meet specific electronic and/or printing requirements.
• Contacts curriculum developers and external publishing partners for approval of changes in format or content.
• Time and project management skills to effectively establish priorities and meet competing deadlines.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable publishing software applications such as Adobe InDesign and Creative Suite.
• Experience with web-based content management systems highly preferred.
• Strong skills in originating and maintaining databases for desktop publishing and image storage.
• Strong skills to effectively produce visual materials that meet and satisfy the needs of the client.
• Strong skills in interpersonal communications to interact effectively with a variety of authors, support staff,and vendors.
• Strong skills in collaboration to best meet goals and objectives of clients.
• Ability to handle small to large multiple projects simultaneously.
• Previous experience in educational publishing preferred.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
Visit this page.
Title: Digital/Social Media Marketing Associate
Location: New York, NY
ABRAMS seeks a dynamic digital marketer, with a passion for children’s books, who will increase the online discoverability of our children’s list by designing and executing digital marketing and social media campaigns, developing content for its website, and researching and presenting new ways for showcasing its books online.
In partnership with title marketers, the Digital and Social Media Marketing Associate will be responsible for the development, execution, and analysis of digital campaigns across all children’s categories and imprints at ABRAMS.
The ideal candidate will have digital marketing and publishing experience, and be a creative, results driven “doer” with excellent communication skills, who lives and breathes social media, and who thrives on finding new and exciting ways to bring attention to children’s, middle-grade and young adult books.
Specific Responsibilities include:
– Collaborate with the children’s marketing department to develop and execute digital and social media campaigns, and track and communicate effectiveness.
– Utilize audience-centric marketing tools to maximize campaigns.
– Manage and grow social media presence through blog, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, and other strategically relevant channels.
– Maintain social media calendar and develop timelines for author/title digital promotions.
– Content Creation: Write blog posts, articles, email newsletters, and social media posts; lead the creation of videos, trailers, and podcasts.
– Research and present new ways of showcasing books online and be responsible for maintaining a Digital FAQ for new authors, as well as educating the teams internally.
– Curate, plan, and feed marketing assets into Abrams website.
– Organize digital preorder campaigns, promotions, and contests.
– Events/public relations: Attend trade shows and author events and generate social media around them.
· Bachelors Degree
· 2-4 years digital marketing and publishing experience
· Excellent written, verbal, and analytic skills
· Ability to work individually and in a group setting
· Excellent knowledge of social media and content development
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and HTML
· Knowledge of analytics, SEO and SEM a plus
Apply on Mediabistro here.