Important Note: The deadline for applications is November 15th, 2010, so apply today!
Job Title: Awards Show Assistant (This is a full time temporary position)
Description: Looking for an assistant to process the entries for the 57th Annual Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards.
Timeline: November 22 – February 1 | 9am to 5pm
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word
- Web savvy
- Have great oral and written communication skills
- Accurate typist
- Able to work quickly and multi-task
- Data entry
- Track and proof submissions Contact entrants
- Prepare entries for judging (some manual labor is required)
- Assist during judging events (live and online)
- Notify finalists of their status
Rate: $8 to 10 per hour
Please send your resume and cover letter to Petrina Hicks, Director of Awards, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please!
For more information the Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Awards go to www.americanbusinessmedia.com
Position: E-Book Production Intern
Timeframe: October – December 2010, with a strong possibility to continue throughout the Spring semester
About the Company: Simon & Schuster continues to provide exciting, growth-filled employment opportunities for professionals with a diverse array of talents. We offer countless opportunities for motivated individuals eager to learn about publishing and gain invaluable “hands-on” experience – all while earning college credit.
Responsibilities: The E-Book Production Intern will help in the following:
- Obtain application files for frontlist titles from our digital asset bank and send files to conversion house.
- QA and approve eBook files that conversion house returns to S&S; make titles available for sale by the pub date in TMM.
- Assist with backlist conversion projects as needed.
Ideal intern will have some interest in eBooks and cannot be a techno-phobe, as he/she will be asked to work in Quark, InDesign Acrobat, HTML and/or XML. The work they do will eventually be sold on eBook readers.
One of Pace University’s Publishing Department’s own was hired for the marketing coordinator position at Kensington Publishing!
Congratulations to Julianne Shapiro from everyone here at the publishing department!
She writes, “I have accepted the job offer for marketing coordinator at Kensington Publishing and start Monday. My interview was Friday, my references were called today and I agreed to it. Everything happened so fast, and I am really happy I found the post on our publishing blog… I’m really looking forward to expressing my creativity by creating marketing pieces and interfacing with members of all of Kensington’s different departments… This program really helps with the way employers look at you, and I am so excited to represent Pace University.”
So remember! Continue to keep an eye out for internships and job postings here on the Pace University M.S. in Publishing blog! You never know what opportunities await you.
To All Currently Enrolled MS in Publishing Students:
Roland Lange, Strategic Partner Development, Content Partnerships, will be speaking in Professor Ivor Whitson’s PUB 612, Information Systems for Publishers class on Thursday, October 28th. He will be talking about Google’s role in the publishing industry. This would cover the Google Partner Program, Google Editions and Google Books. The class starts at 6:00 and the talk will last one hour.
Brook Shepard, General Manager, Mason Interactive will be a guest lecturer on Thursday, November 4th. He will be talking about social media marketing as it relates to publishing. The class starts at 6:00 and the talk will last one hour.
If you are interested in attending either lecture, please email Professor Ivor Whitson at IAWhit@aol.com to reserve a spot. Space is limited so you must RSVP in advance.
Talks will take place in the Trustees Board Room on the 8th floor the day of the event. Please ask the clerk at the front desk for the room number.
American Express is looking to fill a full time advertising production assistant position here in New York.
Major responsibilities include:
- Receive and open all packages on a daily basis from vendors, ad agencies, etc. Log in and/or distribute enclosed material/documents to appropriate staff, in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the input data required at issue closing for billing department.
- Maintain department attendance records; update weekly information as required.
- Coordinate and execute the purchase of bound annual volumes of each magazine.
- General administrative duties as required (i.e. schedule meetings, book conference rooms; distribute various reports, order supplies, etc).
- Manage the facilitation, coding, copying and timely distribution and approvals of all invoices from all vendors for payment.
- Responsible for submission of advertising materials & instructions to printer, insuring accuracy
- Enforce and meet all deadlines
- Handle bulk order requests from sales
- Perform other job related duties
The candidate must be able to multi-task, maintain open communication and have strong organizational skills, have the ability to take direction from various staff members, ensure the submission of ad materials and instructions are accurate and timely, and finally must have good knowledge of various software programs and the ability to learn quickly.
Consumer magazine experience a strong plus.