Financed by Kohlberg Ventures and led by CEO Jane Friedman and President Jeffrey Sharp, ORIM leverages its partners’ experience and relationships to enhance titles from literary giants and introduce new stars to readers. The company’s e-books offer a 360-degree world of existing and originally produced premium content that is marketed through a new online proprietary platform.
Open Road Media is seeking a full-time Digital Marketing Assistant whose responsibilities will include:
- Crafting and executing ongoing marketing plans that include promotional placement, social media, advertising campaigns, and publicity elements
- Generating publicity by sending review copies, press releases, and other materials to appropriate media/bloggers
- Working closely with Associate Marketing Manager and Chief Marketing Officer to form retail strategies for major online retail outlets, and assisting with the management of those relationships
- Assisting the Associate Marketing Manager with creating voice for ORIM website by writing video overlays, featured text, and curating highlighted assets
- Working with Associate Marketing Manager to write copy for advertisements, retailers, blog posts, and other outreach
- Engaging with and contributing to the voice of Open Road and Open Road authors on social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, LibraryThing, and Shelf Awareness
- Aggregating media hits and promotional placement for marketing reports
- Experience in the field of publishing or media, preferably in digital marketing, advertising/promotions, or publicity
- Online experience or an equivalent facility with new media and social networking.
- Strong writing background.
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com