Job Title: Publishing Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Temporary (Contractor – will receive 1099)
Term: 6-8 months (approximate timeframe January 15 – August 1)
The Academy of Management is currently seeking a skilled individual to fill in for a Publishing Specialist on a full-time temporary basis beginning in January for a 6-8 month period. They’re located in Briarcliff Manor, NY on Pace University’s campus. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with publishing or communications experience to pick up professional work in a casual scholarly publishing environment.
The individual will handle:
- Production, print and fulfillment activities for four scholarly journals and other titles.
- Post production functions such as back-issue sales, advertising, permissions and postal regulations.
- Accounts receivable, newsletter coordination and support activities for the Publishing Department.
Temporary Responsibilities include:
- Administer print and distribution schedules for members and subscribers
- Coordinate advertising activities for the printed journals, main AOM website and the Annual Meeting website
- Coordinate and proof email alerts for journals, and newsletter releases
- Track and record invoices, royalties and statistics in spreadsheets, and prepare for payment in a timely manner
- Release journal issues to vendor sites for member and subscriber access
- Record payments from advertising, royalties and subscriptions in database and track in spreadsheets
- Manage postal accounts
- Manage Domestic and International registration of AOM Trademarks, Resolve and/or Forward permission requests to Copyright Clearance Center for processing
- Process article requests and back issues/subscription issues
- Record and track vendor contacts for all outsourced relationships
- Other tasks as needed
Assist as needed in the maintenance of projects in process:
- Backfile archiving project
- CrossRef/DOI implementation
- XML workflow with NLM DTD
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong computing skills (Outlook, IE, MS Office)
Experience in publishing or communications.
Independent contractors only.
Please let them know how this temporary work suits your need. Please submit your resume, letter of interest and your hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meredith (http://www.meredith.com/), a leading national media and marketing company, is looking for temporary employees to work on developing some of their titles for the iPad.
The work is in digital design/production and will most likely start late December or early January. This is a temporary, paid position and they are interested in candidate with digital design/production skills.
If you are interested, please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com with the subject: Meredith/Pace Temp Design/Prod.
• Publication or Company:
The Women’s National Book Association–New York Chapter
• Company Profile:
The Women’s National Book Association (WNBA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. WNBA is national in its scope and is comprised of women and men who work with and value books. WNBA promotes reading and supports the role of women in the community of the book beginning in 1917.
Our members—women and men who work with and value words—represent all aspects of the book industry. We are authors and writers, editors and publishers, librarians and booksellers, agents and publicists, designers and illustrators, and book production and management professionals.
• Job Title: Student Representative for WNBA-New York Chapter
• Industry: Non-Profit
• Time Frame: December 2010 until May 2011
• Description of Work:
The Student Representative will be working directly with chapter president as well as providing assistance to board members and committee chairs on planning, organization, and provide extra hands-on help at chapter events.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with people has excellent communication and organization skills well as prior customer service background would be helpful.
This board-approved position is almost entirely online in nature, so experience in working independently is critical. The Student Representative will be also required to attend chapter board meetings to contribute ideas and provide constructive feedback with regard to our initiative toward growing NYC chapter membership.
Student Representative will be asked to advise the board on matters of interest to young publishing professionals who are just beginning their publishing careers.
• Intern Qualifications:
As planning chapter events/panels is very detailed work in terms of timing and proper execution, the Student Representative must be highly detail-oriented. Along a very strong grasp of MS Word and Excel, candidate’s skill-set will include e-mail blasts and correspondence, and some mailing may also be required.
• Company Web Address:
www.wnba-nyc.org (NYC Chapter)
www.wnba-books.org (National Organization)
• How to Apply:
Email Resume and cover letter to Prof. Jane Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, November 25th.