Fodors.com is seeking an unpaid intern for the spring 2011 semester to begin work immediately. They are looking for a college or graduate student (Communications/Media) who is available to work 15-20 hours a week in our Midtown office. Students must be able to receive school credit for the internship.
The Fodors.com intern will work closely with members of the Online Editorial and Marketing departments. Working with the Fodors.com team will be an excellent opportunity to learn about what goes into producing and marketing the website for one of the world’s most respected travel brands.
The intern’s primary responsibilities will be:
- Researching, collecting and verifying email and mailing addresses for hotels and restaurants reviewed on Fodors.com
- Assisting with the development of promotional web pages
- Reaching out to other sites to alert then about engaging content
- Assisting with social media communications
- Currently enrolled in a college or graduate school program, with a concentration in Communications or Media
- Proficient in the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Internet and social media savvy
- Organized and show attention to detail.
- Able to take direction and know when to ask questions
- Travel experience is a plus
How to apply:
Please send an email with your resume and cover letter to Fodorsmarketing@randomhouse.com
About our company:
Fodor’s Travel, a division of Random House, Inc. is one of the world’s leading providers of travel information. Covering over 300 destinations worldwide, Fodor’s guidebooks and Web site, Fodors.com, have provided the most up-to-date, accurate information for travelers for more than seventy years. Written by a team of over 700 writers located around the globe, Fodor’s provides travelers with engagingly written, intelligently and accurately reported, and absolutely indispensable travel guidance.
Random House, Inc. is the world’s largest general trade book publisher. It is a division of Bertelsmann AG, one of the foremost media companies in the world.
Routledge NY seeks an ambitious Marketing Assistant to assist Marketing Manager for the Education list in the Humanities & Social Sciences division. The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. The position will help with the overall success of Routledge’s goal and strategy of publishing adoptable texts and implementing effective marketing, follow-up, and success-based reporting. This individual will assist in identifying opportunities, planning, and implementing targeted marketing strategies for a specific product list.
- Assist marketing manager in day-to-day activities
- Work with US and UK colleagues on global campaigns/projects, including direct mail pieces
- Help with e-marketing campaigns, which might involve proofreading, writing, scheduling, and dealing with outside vendors, as well as investigating new opportunities
- Entering and updating information in company database
- Manage regular projects, such as review plans and author care
- Generate flyers for authors and exhibits
- Assist at and sometimes manage exhibits
- An interest in pursuing a career in publishing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new applications
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects at once
- Willingness to travel to academic conferences
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
BA or equivalent
For consideration for this position, please state salary history, salary requirements, the position being applied for, and the source of the advertisement.
*Only responses with salary history and salary requirements will be considered.
No phone calls please.
Please respond to: email@example.com to the attention of Jessica Flores in the Human Resources Department.
Diesel-eBooks.com, an independent eBook retailer with over 2.4 million titles, is looking for an online marketing intern to assist with their search engine optimization (SEO), merchandising and online marketing strategies.
The Intern will be trained on guerilla marketing tactics such as SEO, deep linking and social media. Additional responsibilities include creating thematic product bundles to be sold on the site. Positions are paid upon performance, and a commitment of 14 to 20 hours per week is preferred. Perfect for students looking to gain experience in digital retailing, eBooks and online marketing.
• Experience in the field of publishing or media, online experience or an equivalent with new media and social networking.
• Strong writing background.
• SEO experience and HTML experience is desired but not necessary.
• This position is 100% virtual and remote. Interns will participate with Diesel staff via routinely scheduled phone calls and Skype.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Architect’s Newspaper seeks interns for two positions. A newspaper with editions serving the East, West, and Midwest, AN offers unmatched opportunities to meet architects, cover a variety of topics, and produce lots of clips. Work in a fun, fast-paced environment where you will be able to write and research on a regular basis. Interest in architecture and design is a must. Positions are unpaid, and a commitment of 15 to 20 hours per week is preferred. Perfect for students looking to gain experience, clips, and contacts in the architecture and design community.
- Candidates interested in an Editorial Intern position should send resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to email@example.com. Visit us at www.archpaper.com. Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills required; journalism or architecture experience preferred. Responsibilities include reporting and writing stories for print and online, blogging, research for editorial projects, and tracking and reporting on breaking news, exhibitions, awards, products, and other topics.
- Candidates interested in an Ad Sales/Marketing Intern position should email their resume and the hours that they are available to Lynne Rowan at firstname.lastname@example.org. This job will entail compiling media kits, collecting materials, preparing mailings and assisting in a variety of other general tasks and projects. The experience gained will give you firsthand knowledge of what it takes to work in a publishing environment. Successful candidates should have be personable and have both initiative and energy.
Manhattan-based luxury resource website robbreport.com is looking for a journalism or magazine student to be responsible for general editorial tasks.
Responsibilities include fact-checking, writing short items for the website, and other miscellaneous duties.
Interns will be paid $8 an hour and work roughly 20 hours per work.
Interested students should contact Jill Newman, Executive Editor for Robb Report at email@example.com.