Vook, a publisher of enhanced e-books and applications, is looking for writers to create publishable content.
Are you a skilled writer who excels at crafting clear, easy-to-follow prose? Do you have specific expertise to share with an eager audience of DIY craftspeople, fitness buffs, foodies, technologists, and students? We are building a nationwide team of talented freelance writers to create a fast-growing series of instructional e-books, and we are now hiring writers to join our contributor network.
What Vook Does:
Vook publishes e-books that combine words, videos, pictures, and interactivity into new media experiences that allow users to engage with content the way they want. We publish titles in a variety of genres, including lifestyle, business, entertainment, cooking, and sports. Our e-books combine sharp, insightful prose with professionally produced video to help consumers acquire new skills or accomplish specific tasks.
They seek writers with specialized knowledge in these subject areas:
● Technology and Consumer Electronics
● Health, Sports, and Fitness
● Self-Help and Career Development
● Cooking, Food, Wine, and Cocktails
● Crafts and Hobbies
● Home Improvement and Real Estate
● University-Level Academic Subjects
What Vook Looks For:
Vook commissions writers who can:
● Bring substantial subject expertise and insight to specific writing assignments.
● Explain sophisticated subjects in clear, concise, step-by-step prose.
● Provide meaningful insight that informs and delights knowledge-seeking consumers.
● Structure prose in a style and format consistent with the editorial template we provide.
● Produce titles promptly and efficiently under firm deadlines.
This is a project-based, independent contractor opportunity.
Vook writers $500 per e-book to write eight chapters of text. Each chapter includes roughly 500 words of text. The total word-count for each e-book is approximately 4000 words. Writers receive byline and author credit for their work.
They are now making assignments to writers, with many more assignments to come in the months ahead. If you would like to join their network to receive assignments or submit new-title ideas, please send the following:
● A one-page cover letter that summarizes your subject expertise and writing experience.
● In the cover letter, please propose at least two how-to e-book titles you might like to write.
● Attach or link to writing samples that demonstrate your ability to write instructional, how-to, reader-service, or training-oriented text.
Send your materials to email@example.com or Margaret Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.