Please be advised that this position is for someone with management-level experience.
The Proprietary Sales division seeks an Associate Project Manager/ Project Manager to run the operations of a fast-paced, exciting publishing and sales department. This position is responsible for leading the pricing, design, production, and tracking of 25-30 book special print book projects per year. It will provide hands-on experience in all editorial, design, production, and manufacturing activities involved in custom-print book publishing. The Associate Project Manager/Project Manager will have a chance to learn all aspects of the book publishing industry and work with people in all divisions of the largest book publishing company in the world.
• Lead the planning, budgeting, scheduling, and coordination of new projects, revisions, and reprints, from the initial deal through bound book stage and product release.
• Work with a variety of internal departments as well as hire and direct freelancers to ensure that projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and handled thoroughly and accurately.
• Manage and direct team in the day-to-day duties of project management, editing copy, providing design feedback, working with freelancers and vendors, corresponding with publishers, and other duties as required.
• Coordinate the flow of information in-house to ensure that Publishers, Sales, Production, and Billing departments are provided with timely information.
• Develop efficient workflow processes and procedures within the editorial, design, production, and manufacturing departments. Manage systems to track project progress and proactively identify problems and issues that need to be resolved.
• Build strategic & collaborative relationships with internal staff and external vendors.
• Hold team meetings with various stakeholders to obtain information required for planning new projects and tracking existing projects.
Project Management experience. Excellent computer skills especially Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; SAP preferred. High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others. Strong organizational and time management skills. Outstanding communication skills. Ability to troubleshoot issues and follow up on a continual basis. Proven ability to drive results and accountability in a cross functional environment. Three years in the publishing industry is preferred.
Please submit your cover letters/resumes to Ms. Lipman