F. A. Davis Company, a 134 year old independent Health Science Publisher, is seeking a self-motivated, intelligent and organized person for a Sales position based in New York, NY. The territory consists of the five boroughs, Long Island, North Jersey, and Upstate to Poughkeepsie, NY. The territory has 134 accounts and will require approximately 20 overnights a year.
Our customers are educators in Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Medical Assisting and other health science programs. Our accounts are Universities, Colleges, Community Colleges, Vocational Schools andProprietarySchoolsthat have health science programs. Our products are textbooks, references, digital content (eBooks and mobile/hand-held products), and on-line resources used by students and professionals in the classroom and clinical settings.
Candidate must possess a 4-year college degree and should be proficient in using a laptop computer and mobile devices. Sales and business travel experience is preferred. Educational publishing experience is considered a plus.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus plan, company car (valid driver’s license & good driving record required), full benefits and complete travel expenses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed assigned yearly sales goal.
- Meet acceptable number of units sold of Taber’s print and electronic content based on the history of the territory and forecast.
- Call on all assigned accounts within given territory during the academic year.
- Promote and demonstrate content on multiple platforms based on customer need.
- Solicit and report potential textbook reviewers and author prospects.
- Report on market trends, conditions, and the competitive environment.
- Monitor and manage territorial sales expenses.
- Maintain competent level of product knowledge.
- Develop and maintain an effective and cost-efficient itinerary.
- Monitor and control complimentary copy distribution.
- Complete special projects as assigned by manager.
- Maintain open line of communication with sales manager and in-house personnel.
- Maintain all company property.
- Maintain and keep current all territory records.
- Maintain and keep current all company manuals (i.e., Training Manual, Paperwork Procedures Manual, etc.)
To apply, please contact Mr. Robert Craven at firstname.lastname@example.org.