Start Publishing | Summer 2018 Publishing Internship
Start Media LLC is a “media company with interests in exhibition, feature film production and financing, content discovery technology, and publishing.” It has produced movies such as Morten Tyldum’s Passengers and Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck’s It’s Kind Of A Funny Story. Start Publishing publishes “high quality titles in a variety of fiction niches, including science fiction, fantasy, thrillers, and romance.” It has eight imprints and a library of more than 6,000 titles, some of which have won Hugo, Nebula, Shirley Jackson, and Locus Awards.
Start Publishing is still looking for interns for Summer 2018. This is an unpaid internship, but interns will work closely with publishers and gain valuable experience in book publishing.
- Collect data
- Work with distributors
- Manage titles
- Read and evaluate manuscripts
- Prepare social media posts
- Work on special projects
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable
- Experience with HTML is a plus, but not required
Interns who want to apply must be available at least once a week on-site and must commit to at least three months. They should also be comfortable working with adult content, since Start Publishing acquires and develops erotica.