Diversion Books, a fast-paced, innovative indie publisher, is seeking a dynamic and self-starting individual to join the team as an Office Assistant/Data Administrator. Their small staff is enthusiastic, rigorous, and dedicated to the world of books and we are hoping for an A+ multitasker and team player that brings enthusiasm, organization, technical ability, a passion for great books, and unique vision to the workplace.
What they’re looking for:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a professional office—book publishing house a plus
- Office administrative assistant handling myriad details that keep a business running.
- Assist the Publisher
- Organizing online marketing promotions
- Tracking sales data and analyzing results.
- Analyzing and revising title metadata
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to maintain a high level of responsibility with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent organization and project planning skills with flexibility and openness to new ideas
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a tight-knit team with confidence and professionalism.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office including Excel, Google Docs, and online networking
Other responsibilities include:
- Perform office management including:
- Computer issues: setting up computers and accounts for new employees, troubleshooting tech issues, scanning important documents, maintaining the printer.
- Assorted mailings.
- Maintaining office supplies
- Maintenance banking activities processing and filing payments.
- Basic administrative support.
- Plan and execute select sales promotions, both single title and catalog-wide. Record and analyze results.
- Tracking and analyzing sales data.
- Reviewing and augmenting title metadata
- Contract processing and tracking data.
- Process direct orders for books including orders placed by authors and direct orders by non-retailer organizations (including international orders), from invoicing to payment to shipment.
- Copyright registration filing
If you’re interested in the position, please contact Professor Jane Kinney-Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org.