Mastery Education focuses on supplemental instructional and practice materials that are standards-based and customized for specific markets. Mastery Education develops products that meet the mandated standards and assessment criteria of each state and supports educators to diagnose student skill level and standards knowledge, target instruction to pinpoint student needs, and provide differentiated, adaptive practice to build skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with K-12 education; preferably within the education assessment market.
• 2-5 years of marketing experience
• Superior communication skills in both written and verbal forms.
• Must have demonstrated experience with marketing campaigns
• Desire to work on a variety of projects, learn new skills, and innovate
• Experience with marketing automation systems, google analytics, and salesforce a plus.
• Develop marketing collateral, including sales support materials, conference graphics, research and efficacy reports, and other content marketing.
• Support social media and content marketing efforts by building, reviewing and monitoring content through various channels, insuring content matches brand point of view and voice.
• Work with marketing department on sales enablement tools such as product launch material and sales presentation and competition analysis.
• Support lead generation efforts and lead nurture campaigns by building messaging, segmenting lists, and monitoring campaign effectiveness through google analytics and leads portals.
• Support Marketing Manager in coordinating events and conferences, bringing new ideas on how to effectively promote the brand and update leads
• Monitor and updates salesforce.com data for accuracy to drive sales in target markets.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Linda Peccoralo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1974, Kensington Publishing Corp. is located in New York City and is known as “America’s Independent Publisher.” It remains a multi-generational family business, with Steven Zacharius succeeding his father as President and CEO, and Adam Zacharius as General Manager. As the foremost independent commercial publishing house in the United States providing hardcover, trade paperback, mass market, and digital releases, Kensington publishes the books that America wants to read.
• 1+ years experience in book publishing, marketing, and / or publicity
• Strong attention to detail and experience communicating with high-level business partners
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and PhotoShop
• Strong interest in commercial publishing and knowledge of what is currently trending in the marketplace
• Ability to prioritize and complete tasks with minimal supervision
• BA or equivalent work experience
• Must be a team-player who can work well with others
• A love of books/eBooks—particularly romance, mysteries and thrillers, and women’s fiction is essential
• Marketing and publicity for select titles and authors
• Digital asset design
• Producing various sales and marketing performance reports and communicating with the necessary parties to obtain materials
• Creating PowerPoint presentations for key titles
• Executing Goodreads promotions
• Communicating promotional information with authors and fielding questions as needed
• Importing all data and files for e-galleys and online catalogs, monitoring to ensure that uploads are successful and all titles populate to the site with the appropriate information, and handling any issues that arise
• Coordinating and administering book mailings to review outlets and eBook retail partners, including direct communication with representatives of these outlets
• Coordinating and administering online giveaways, including ordering prizes, communicating with winners, and handling mailings
• Performing inventory and maintaining a spreadsheet of our current print galley titles/quantities
• Gifting digital copies of books to online winners and providing digital copies to authors
• Processing Invoices
• Placing book orders for front and backlist as required
• Special projects for marketing, social media, and sales as needed
• Assisting with anti-piracy efforts
If you are interested in applying, please contact Alex Nicolajsen at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Scholastic Corporation is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children’s media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children’s learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 96 year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to “Open a World of Possible” for all children.
•Packaging, book cover and interior design experience preferred
•Excellent organizational and communication skills
•Superstar Mac skills and design skills using InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
•Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a team
•College degree or equivalent work experience
•Course work in graphic design, typography, and illustration preferred
•Passion for kids products, crafts, science, maker movement and DIY preferred
• Work with a team of graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, and packaging designers.
• Work collaboratively with all members of the team on the development of the project from concept to finish.
• Design packaging, book covers, and interiors for each product, ensuring the graphic treatment is aligned with the brand, appeals to the target audience and serves the content of the project.
• Organize and work multiple projects per season, delivering on time and within the established budget.
• In collaboration with the product manager, coordinate the hire of freelance illustrators and photographers.
• Work with the product manager to coordinate or oversee all aspects of photo shoots. This includes, but is not limited to, soliciting editorial input, conceiving photo set-ups, gathering props and wardrobe, selecting the best models and locations, and directing photographers to ensure that they deliver terrific, Klutz-quality images that serve the content, align with the Klutz brand, and meet editorial goals.
• Review separator and printer proofs to ensure that they are accurate and that they meet Klutz’s high quality standards. Ensure that corrections and changes are clearly communicated to the separator/printer or production liaison.
• Other responsibilities to support the product development team as assigned.
If you are interested in applying, please click here.