Downtown Bookworks is looking for a Summer & Fall Intern!
Downtown Bookworks is a children’s publishing and packaging company whose mission is to raise a new generation of book lovers. To this end, all of our books are carefully designed to engage, inspire, and feel good in small hands.
The Summer intern would work in the company office for 4-5 days a week. The Fall intern would spend 2-3 days per week in the office. If you are really smart and resourceful, willing and eager to learn everything there is to know about children’s book publishing, and excited by the idea of joining a small, growing company, keep reading.
The internship at Downtown Bookworks will involve:
- Research and writing on a range of subjects from history, science, and nature to kids’ crafts and activities
- Editing, fact-checking, and proofreading
- Marketing and publicity through social and digital media as well as print
- Photo research and compiling art and photo logs
- And even arts and crafts projects, components sourcing, and much more
Our dream candidate is creative, detail-oriented, technically savvy, and easygoing. The office is busy and buzzing – an excellent place to dive in and really learn the business by doing a bit of everything.
To apply for this internship position, please email your cover letter and resume to Julie Merberg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also inform Prof. Jane Denning if you intend to apply to this position at email@example.com.