Company: Bon Appetit, Conde Nast
Position: Full-time Recipe Editor
Condé Nast seeks a Recipe Editor for a full-time staff position. The Recipe Editor will perfect and fine-tune recipe language for the magazine and website and be a crucial influence on the voice of Bon Appétit recipes. He/she will report to the Food Editor and work closely with test kitchen team.
- Edit magazine and web recipes to BA recipe style
- Streamline and simplify recipes, working directly with food editors
- Help evolve the “voice” of BA recipes
- Copy-fit recipes
- Edit routing proofs
- Manage routing of galleys within food department
- Write sidebars, hednotes, and other copy, as requested
- 5+ years experience line-editing recipes for magazines/cookbooks to strict style
- Strong writing skills; ability to adapt writing to brand’s personality
- Incredible attention to detail and consistency
- Ability to stay organized and on top of deadlines and keep others on deadline
- Confidence to question choices made within recipes
- Food background essential; culinary degree a plus
- Proficiency in K4 software
- Ability to work well independently and with a team
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience. Salary is also commensurate with experience. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Katie Turrel though their online application. This job was originally posted on MinOnline.
Company: Topix Media
Postion: Junior Photo Researcher (freelance, fulltime)
Topix Media Lab is looking for a freelance junior photo researcher to work in our Bryant Park office. We’re a custom publishing company producing magazines on a variety of subjects, but mostly within the realm of music, movies and television. You are an aspiring photo editor and a pop culture generalist who knows a little about everything but can come up to speed quickly on any gaps in your knowledge.
You’ll be working with the Photo Editor on photo research and working closely with the design and edit teams. We need you to be able to work in a very fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and on several issues and projects simultaneously. You need to be able to work independently and also in close collaboration with the group – good communication skills and Mac proficiency are a must.
If interested, please send resume and a cover letter to Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Photo Researcher” as the subject. This job was originally posted on ed2010.