1. Editorial Assistant
Company Name: Taylor and Francis
Location: New York, NY
The Editorial Assistants in the Psychology group are responsible for maintaining allroutine author communication and providing predominantly administrative support for an Editor who commissions textbooks, handbooks, professional, supplementary, and scholarly works for the psychology market, particularly in statistics and family studies and gerontology.
The Editorial Assistant will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining standard reports, forms, contracts, and files
- Extensive use and maintenance of database records
- Preparing manuscripts for transmittal to production, including checking and processing permissions and coordinating Library of Congress copyright registration
- Work with marketing, sales, and publicity departments in the US and UK offices.
- Arranging and distributing editorial reviews and book endorsements
- Completing check requests for author and series editor payments
- Training new junior members of the editorial team
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong interest in publishing is important, as are strong organizational skills. Attention to detail is critically important and an ability to juggle several projects simultaneously is a must. Research ability and some clerical or closely related work experience a plus. Candidate must possess strong database and organizational skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat. Must be able to work independently and to prioritize work under pressure. A knowledge of psychology is desirable but not essential.
EDUCATION: BA or equivalent educational experience.
For consideration for this position, please state salary history, salary requirements, the position being applied for, and the source of the advertisement.
*Only responses with salary history and salary requirements will be considered.
No phone calls please. Please contact Professor Jane Denning if you are interested in this position at email@example.com. Taylor and Francis would like to fill this position ASAP, so please email Prof. Denning promptly.
Penguin Group (USA)’s Digital Assets team is seeking a Senior Digital Production Associate to perform the conversion of titles into electronic formats and manage the maintenance of those products in a very high paced, high volume, and rapidly changing environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Converting eBooks from various sources.
- Multimedia eBook creation.
- Providing training and documentation for the conversion process.
- Periodically demonstrating eBook functionality.
This position will also perform quality checks against other Production Associates’ conversion, correct eBook quality issues, and coordinate with outside vendors for eBook conversion on an as needed basis.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in eBook production and/or interior book design
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word
- Advanced knowledge of book interior layout and design
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, XHTML, and CSS
- Advanced knowledge of EPUB 2.1 and 3.0
- Knowledge of eBook reading systems including Kindle, Nook, iBooks, Google, and Kobo
- Familiarity with the specifications for HTML5 and CSS3
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently in a high paced, high volume, rapidly evolving environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Mac and PC platforms
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Proficiency is using an XML editor
- Adobe Certified Expert Certification
Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position for which you are applying in the subject line. No phone calls/agencies.
Penguin Group (USA) Inc. is theU.S.member of the internationally renowned Penguin Group. Penguin Group (USA) is one of the leading U.S. adult and children’s trade book publishers, owning a wide range of imprints and trademarks, including Viking, G. P. Putnam’s Sons, The Penguin Press, Riverhead Books, Dutton, Penguin Books, Berkley Books, Gotham Books, Portfolio, New American Library, Plume, Tarcher, Philomel, Grosset & Dunlap, Puffin, and Frederick Warne, among others. The Penguin Group (http://www.penguin.com) is part of Pearson plc, the international media company.
Penguin Group (USA) values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.