Welcome to the Fall 2012 Semester!

Dear MS in Publishing Graduate Students, Faculty, Advisory Board Members, and Alumni:

It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the Fall 2012 semester and to extend my best wishes for a successful academic year.

This semester we are proudly offering  new courses on Publishing Comics and Graphic Novels and Supply Chain Management, taught respectively by Paul Levitz, former President of DC Comics, and Thomas Dimascio, Director of Supply Chain Management at DC Comics. In addition, PUB 621, E-books: Technology, Workflow, and Business Models, is being offered online and is very popular, with over 20 students enrolled.

If you have any questions concerning your course schedules, contact Ms. Barbara Egidi, MS in Publishing Program Manager, at begidi@pace.edu.

Please note that on Monday, September 10, 2012, from 5:00 – 6:00 PM, we will hold a New Student Orientation for our students at the Pace Midtown site in the Multi-Media Lab.  All students are welcome, but I strongly encourage newly enrolled students to attend the session. Prof. Denning, Prof. Soares, Ms. Egidi and I look forward to seeing you there.

I would also like to take this opportunity to announce that Arthur A. Levine (http://www.arthuralevinebooks.com/) will serve as the Visiting Distinguished David Pecker Professor this year. In November, Mr. Levine, the Publisher and Editor of the Harry Potter series who was responsible for bringing J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter to the U.S.A., will present his first lecture (details will be posted at a later date). Mr. Levine, who has done so much for literacy and publishing, deserves this honor, and we at Pace are excited that he will be working with our faculty and students this year.

Please feel free to come in and see me and the staff if you have any questions. I look forward to working with you all this semester as our program prepares you for and educates you about the dynamic changes that are transforming the industry today.

Again, my best wishes to all for a very successful 2012-13 academic year.

Sherman Raskin

Professor of English/Publishing
Director MS in Publishing Program
Director Pace University Press
Pace University
551 Fifth Ave,. Room 805E
New York, NY 10176
212-346-1417