Taylor and Francis is currently looking for Inside Specialist Sales Reps!
An Inside Specialist Sales Representative is expected to engage in the daily proactive sales efforts (via phone, email, conferences, presentations, targeted mailings and in-person visits) considered necessary to promote the products for assigned disciplines and reach their assigned monetary goal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve annual sales goals in the Humanities and Social Science textbooks for assigned disciplines.
- Identify, contact, track and close business to achieve annual revenue targets.
- Sell and present technology over the phone and in person.
- Develop in-depth understanding of assigned disciplines so that the specialist is able to function as a true consultative sales rep.
- Attend key conferences and make select campus visits to close business.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize sales strategies to achieve established sales targets.
- Work with marketing to develop sales plan for selected conventions attended by the specialist.
- Provide periodic sales forecasts.
- Provide editorial and marketing with ongoing feedback regarding Taylor and Francis products, competitive products and market trends.
- Manage communications and reporting.
- Successfully manage software, textbook sampling, and travel budgets.
- Manage territory resources/budget.
- Maintain and continue to build a high level of knowledge of textbook and technology products.
- Build in-depth knowledge of assigned disciplines in order to work closely with product teams to identify potential new authors, provide feedback on new editions and revisions.
- Participate in twice yearly sales meeting to develop product and curriculum knowledge, sales skills and other aspects of the business.
- Use key systems to maximize sales including CAS, PT, BMIS and ISIS.
- Other projects as assigned by the sales manager.
Required Experience / Skills
- 1-2 years’ experience working in sales, educational sales preferred. Alternative would be 2 years teaching experience in the language arts, social studies, math or science at the high school level.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent PC skills, as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- College degree BA or BS