Open Road Integrated Media has an opening for the fall semester for two unpaid (school credit) interns to work 15 to 20 hours per week in its Managing Editorial department.
The Managing Editorial intern will assist the Managing Editorial department in a number of tasks related to ebook and POD production, including data entry, preparing hard copy files for digitization, device QA, departmental administrative tasks (mailing, scanning, etc.), and some proofreading.
This is a fast-paced, high-profile startup—details and deadlines are of the essence. The right individual will have the unique opportunity to experience all aspects of Managing Editorial in a next-generation publishing environment.
- Enter descriptive copy and other metadata as needed in title management system
- Create title and copyright pages
- Prep books for digitization
- Proofread POD files
- Perform quality assurance of Open Road titles on major reading devices (iPad, Kindle, and others)
- Check current Open Road titles on Apple, Amazon, and other major retailers to ensure they are active and display the correct metadata
- Assist in keeping title reports up-to-date and accurate
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple and varied tasks
- Demonstrated interest in Managing Editorial and next-generation publishing
- Knowledge of ereader devices and social media helpful
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Lauren Chomiuk, Managing Editorial Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please copy (CC) Professor Denning at email@example.com.