Hillsinger-Mendelson (http://hilsingermendelson.com/), one of the country’s pre-eminent literary public relations firms, is looking for a freelance social media marketing/content developing whiz kid to execute social media marketing strategy for for high-profile books and authors. Compensation pending experience, and hours are flexible.
Working with the Digital Media Manager, your primary responsibilities may include:
- Writing creative social copy for designated social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc…), to include evergreen content development in addition to timely topic response and commentary.
- Identifying and engaging with influencers, blogs, websites and fans
- Managing, monitoring and building community on various social media platforms
- Monitor online chatter for brand coverage and content opportunities.
Secondary responsibilities may include:
- Editorial outreach to blogs, websites, influencers and niche communities
- Contributing to creative marketing/media outreach discussions for featured titles
- Helping set up social media programs and campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr
- Heavy user of social media
- A thorough understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Candidates will be avid readers of tech and social media sites
- Highly-adaptive writing and communication skills
- Must have active accounts across key social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Pinterest
- Must have exceptional traditional writing skills and a flair for “socialnetworkingspeak”
For consideration, please complete the following steps:
1. Send a BRIEF cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy Professor Denning on your submission at email@example.com.
2. For the subject line, write only: Freelance.
3. Include links to any relevant social media accounts (Twitter, Pinterest, Digg, etc…).
4. What are you reading online? List your top ten favorite sites.
5. Do you have any relationships with any media outlets? What are they?