Scholastic is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books. With more than 90 years in children’s publishing, Scholastic’s philosophy remains: every child deserves the opportunity to learn to read and develop a love of reading for a lifetime. They believe that literacy – the ability to read, write, and understand – is the birthright of every child in the world, as well as the pathway to succeed in school and realize a complete life.
Scholastic’s Summer Internship Program provides an opportunity to gain experience in a variety of Scholastic businesses. The application deadline is swiftly approaching! It is Friday, March 30, 2012. The program will run for 8 weeks beginning Monday, June 18 through Friday, August 10, 2012, and interns are paid $12.00 per hour and work a 35-hour week.
- All students must be in good academic standing and have strong computer skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work 35 hours per week
Selection of Interns:
- Interns are selected on the basis of their academic standing, participation in extracurricular activities, and previous work and/or internship experience
- Interns may be interviewed by telephone or at a Scholastic office. References may be requested
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, students must do two things: First, please e-mail Professor Denning, at firstname.lastname@example.org, a copy of your resume and cover letter so that she can pass it along directly to Scholastic’s HR Manager.
In addition, students must apply through the Scholastic website. Scholastic is currently accepting online applications for the summer program through Friday, March, 30, 2012. Apply to the internship program by clicking on the business area you’re interested in from the list below. With your application, you will need to provide:
- A cover letter that should including the following:
– Your School’s Name
– Your Major/Degree
– Your Graduation Date
– An explanation of how your participation in Scholastic’s Summer Internship Program fits with your academic and/or career goals
- Your current resume (Word or PDF)
Each link below takes you to the appropriate requisition in the Scholastic Career Center. Once there, please create your profile, and include your cover letter and attachments.