We are accepting applications for interns at Manhattan’s premier boutique literary agency. We are a busy, fast-paced agency that works with a variety of both fiction and non-fiction clients. The right candidate should be computer literate, organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task. You will provide general office support in addition to reading/reviewing queries and manuscripts. You will also assist in our growing e-books division. This position will provide excellent training and an introduction to the book publishing industry. This is an un-paid internship. Starts immediately. Hours are 10am to 6pm, three days per week.
Note to Students: This Agency is willing to accommodate your evening class schedules, so don’t hesitate to apply!
Cosimo is seeking a Publishing Assistant!
JOB TITLE: PUBLISHING ASSISTANT
JOB DURATION: 2-3 DAYS PER WEEK
JOB LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
COSIMO, a book publisher in Chelsea (NYC), is looking for a temporary publishing assistant to help with office management, book production, sales outreach, and marketing. There is potential for a longer-term arrangement.
- Assist with a wide variety of projects related to publishing, production, sales, marketing, and office matters
- Performs office tasks. Including: archival of physical files to digital, answering phones, handling customer service requests, and general office administration
- Assist with incoming sales orders, outreach to and monitoring of special sales clients
- Assist with public relations and book promotion, including mailings, social networking, online promotion, and conducting market research
- Assist production with all stages of book production, from acquisition to print, through our online database
- Handle projects on a case by case as determined by the Publisher
- Strong interest in book publishing is required
- Office experience
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage several diverse projects at once, plus follow-up in a timely and efficient manner
- Solid working knowledge of PC platform—MS Word/Excel skills required
- Knowledge of online marketing and social media
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Experience with book production and/or dealing with publishing vendors, including Ingram, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Google, etc., a plus
- Design and/or Copyediting experience a plus
- College degree
Please email your resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thieme Publishers is seeking a Part-Time Editorial Assistant!
Thieme Publishers is an award-winning international medical and science publisher serving health professionals and students for more than 125 years. Thieme publishes the latest advancements in clinical practice, research findings, and high quality books, journals, and electronic products. Thieme’s variety of health-science books focus on neurosurgery, otolaryngology, orthopedic surgery, ophthalmology, radiology, complementary and alternative medicine, audiology and speech and language pathology.
- To manage author relations and manuscript flow
- Track, review and log manuscript and art
- Perform administrative tasks
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand all aspects of editorial development of heavily illustrated, high-quality medical books
- Be comfortable working within tight deadlines with demanding authors and be able to confidently manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be able to work independently, while contributing to the success of a highly focused editorial team
- Liaise with production, sales, marketing at all stages of project
- Be comfortable developing products (content and structure) for media neutral delivery (electronic and print products)
- Have excellent written and spoken English
- Have previous experience
To Apply: contact Mary Jo Casey at email@example.com
MS in Publishing students looking for a summer internship should consider the Editorial and Marketing Internship opportunity at McGraw-Hill!
McGraw-Hill Higher Education has an exciting paid opportunity for an Editorial and Marketing Intern in our Humanities, Social Science and World Languages (HSSL) Division.
This part-time internship is based out of our New York office (2 Penn Plaza) and pays $12 per hour.
The intern will support the Specialized Programs group by performing administrative duties such as maintaining files, updating marketing documents, and navigating company databases to complete projects as they come up. Candidates must be able to work at least two days a week from 9 am to 5 pm and are expected to continue through the fall. This part-time internship is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the educational publishing industry.
McGraw-Hill Higher Education (MHHE) is a leading provider of print and digital materials serving the college market, publishing instructional materials including textbooks, lab manuals, study guides, testing materials, software, and multimedia products.
To Apply: Students must apply on Pace’s e-Recruiting website and be registered with the Internship program. If you are not already registered, please contact the Career Services. Click here for the Career Services link or call the office at 212-346-1950 for more information.
Publishers Weekly’s Book Review Department is looking for 2 to 3 interns for the fall semester. The positions are part-time and unpaid, but if you love books and are considering a career in book or magazine publishing, Publishers Weekly’s Book Review Department is the best place to learn about these rapidly changing industries.
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with review editors
- Write, fact-check, and edit reviews and short author interviews
Interns will also help staff our very busy bookroom, which receives hundreds of books a week. Your job will include:
- Unpacking books and trafficking them to editors and reviewers, and helping m aintain a log of assignments
- Doing liaison work with publishers (requesting review copies, art, etc.)
- Learn tasks quickly
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Follow through and meet tight deadlines
If you would like to interview for an intern position, e-mail Sarah Gold, senior reviews editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday, Sept. 10, and put “fall internship” in the subject line. Please attach a resume and a writing sample or link to one (a class paper is fine). Be sure to CC Professor Jane Kinney-Denning at email@example.com.