Fodor’s Travel, a division of Random House, Inc., is the world’s leading provider of travel intelligence. Covering 300 destinations worldwide, the Fodor’s guidebooks and Fodors.com have provided the most up-to-date information and strategic travel planning advice for travelers for more than seventy years.
Fodors.com is seeking an unpaid Content Intern for the Fall 2012 semester to work from early September to early December. We are looking for a college or graduate student (Communications/Media/Technology) who is available to work 15-20 hours a week in our Midtown NYC office. Students must be able to receive school credit for the internship.
This opportunity is for a web-savvy student to jump in and learn how a leading travel brand works behind the scenes. You’ll be part of a team creating engaging travel content that reaches more than 3.6 million unique viewers a month. Along with helping to keep our content up to date, you’ll test new features on our many platforms, attend staff meetings, and tag content in our database. You may also be asked to jump in to assist on special feature projects like our Top 100 Hotel Awards.
The student will emerge from this internship with a deep understanding of what it’s like to work at a fast-paced travel brand in Midtown Manhattan. The ideal applicant will be tech-savvy and a fast learner who is able to adapt quickly from project to project.
- Tag editorial content in our database
- Perform QA (quality assurance) on our website, mobile apps, and special projects
- Test new features of our CMS (content management system)
- Create assignments in our web app and add records
- Use administrative tools to run reports
- Help maintain documentation and create instructions in various forms, including videos
- Currently enrolled in a college or graduate school program, with a concentration in Communications, Media, or Technology
- Must be able to earn school credit for internship
- Proficient in the MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized and detail-focused
- Familiarity with databases and web-based applications and tools like metadata tags and blogs
- Interest in travel and technology