The Pace University English Language Institute is hiring an Information Management Officer (IMO)/Webmaster to assist the ELI Senior Admissions and Student Life Coordinator and ELI Directors. This position is ideal for an M.S. in Publishing student with skills in website and presentation design.
The basic function of the IMO/Webmaster is to provide technical support for all English Language Institute staff members, as requested. The IMO/Webmaster is responsible for maintaining the official ELI website and creating various printed and digital materials for the ELI office. The IMO/Webmaster also creates and updates databases used by the ELI to archive both student and program information.
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of designing and maintaining websites
- Bilingual preferred (Arabic, Spanish, Korean, or Japanese). Should be fluent in English, with good spelling and telephone skills
- Should be familiar with MS Windows programs, especially Access and Excel
- Should be familiar with Adobe products, including Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Must have experience using HTML and Dreamweaver software to create and edit websites
- Prior knowledge of using Oracle Banner program to create and maintain records is preferred
- Expected to maintain friendly working relationships with all Pace University departments
- Expected to provide friendly and efficient customer service to prospective and current ELI students
- Portfolio of previous graphic/publishing/web-design work required for interview
Interested applicants can apply through the Pace Careers website here.
HarperCollins Publishers is looking for a Temp Digital/eBook Production Assistant to play a key role in the creation of eBooks for HarperCollins Publishers. This is a significant and growing area where the focus will be on the daily management of eBook production.
Reporting to the eBook Production Manager, the assistant will assist in the support of the HarperCollins eBook program. Primary responsibilities will consist of the daily trafficking of eBook files and materials to and from vendors, developing and maintaining relationships with all divisions, ensuring quality, and developing standards.
This position requires attention to detail, and good verbal and communication skills. Knowledge of digital asset systems, book publishing or electronic publishing is preferred but not required. HTML experience a plus.
If you are interested, please email Prof. Jane Denning at email@example.com for information on how to apply.
Open Road Integrated Media has an opening for a part-time production editor to work with its managing editorial department to take on quality assurance of backlist titles.
Production editors will assist the managing editorial department in providing quality assurance on proofread digital files and final ebook files. This will include, but is not limited to, finding and correcting all remaining conversion errors and applying consistency to grammar, typography, and style throughout backlist titles across a variety of genres.
This is a fast-paced, high-profile startup; details and deadlines are of the essence.
- Availability on Fridays (other days to be determined) to work from ORIM offices
- Strong attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and track changes feature
- Ability to meet firm deadlines
- Knowledge of ebooks is a plus
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Nicole Passage, Associate Managing Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy (CC) Professor Denning at email@example.com.
Apply TODAY to be a Fall 2012 SiriusXM Intern!
SiriusXM Radio has internships for every major – whether you’re interested in going into Broadcasting, Sales & Marketing, Finance & Accounting, Information Technology, Talk/Music Programming, Human Reources, or more!
1) Work a minimum of 20 hours per week
2) Receive academic credit for the internship (ALL internships are UNPAID)
3) Be available from September 10 – December 21
HarperCollins Publishers is looking for an Intern for Distribution Client Services for the time period of July 1 – August 31, 2012.
Description of Work:
Support for the Distribution Client Services Department within the Sales Department at HarperCollins. This department liaises with clients Disney and Hyperion and facilitates intra-company ventures, including a UK-based reference program and a Canadian general trade program. Duties include running and distribution of reports, general sales communication, fulfilling requests for sales materials, preparation for meetings, and coop data entry. General support of department VP and Sales Manager. The intern will have front-lines exposure to the sales process across all sales channels and will have a view into the publishing process through key meetings with Editorial, Marketing, and Publicity departments. This is an unpaid internship.
Computer skills needed: Excel, some Access preferred. Writing and communication skills necessary.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and a cover letter to Professor Jane Kinney-Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org.