Managing Editorial Intern
Open Road Integrated Media has openings for two unpaid (school credit) interns to work 15 to 20 hours per week in its publishing operations department.
The managing editorial interns will assist the managing editorial department in a number of tasks related to ebook and POD production, including preparing hard copy files for digitization, device QA, data entry, departmental administrative tasks (mailing, scanning, etc.), and some proofreading.
The managing editorial interns will report to the managing editor assistant and work closely with editorial, production, and design team members.
Open Road is a fast-paced, high-profile startup—details and deadlines are of the essence. The right individual will have the unique opportunity to experience all aspects of managing editorial in a next-generation publishing environment.
- Perform quality assurance of Open Road titles on major reading devices (iPad, Kindle, and others)
- Proofread POD files
- Enter descriptive copy and other metadata as needed in title management system
- Create title and copyright pages
- Prep books for digitization
- Check current Open Road titles on Apple, Amazon, and other major etailers to ensure they are active and display the correct metadata
- Assist in keeping title reports up-to-date and accurate
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple and varied tasks
- Demonstrated interest in managing editorial and next-generation publishing
- Knowledge of ereader devices and social media helpful
To apply, please send résumé and cover letter to Cassie Gutman, Managing Editorial Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.