Managing Editorial Assistant
Open Road Integrated Media, New York City
As a member of the publishing operations team, the managing editorial assistant provides key administrative and production-related support.
The managing editorial assistant will assist the managing editorial department in all aspects of ebook and POD production, including data entry, deadline tracking and enforcement, preparing hard copy titles for digitization, proofreading, and any department administrative tasks (mailing, circulating schedule reports, etc.).
- Preparing hard copy books for digitization, including creating title and copyright pages
- Entering metadata and copy in title management
- Assisting managing editorial team with QA of proofread Word docs, ebooks, and print interiors
- Running and circulating weekly reports
- Providing files to internal and external parties as needed
- Creating watermarked PDFs/Word docs for NetGalley
- Hiring and overseeing managing editorial interns
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple and varied tasks and meet firm deadlines
- Strong knowledge of copyediting and proofreading practices
- Ability to work independently and responsibly
- Knowledge of ebooks preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to Nicole Passage, managing editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.