Oxford University Press is hiring an Online Marketing Assistant to work in the Direct Response Marketing and Sales Department. The Online Marketing Assistant is responsible for administrating and producing OUP-USA email campaigns. This individual carries out a variety of tasks from scheduling and producing email campaigns to providing ad-hoc support for special initiatives in online marketing. This person will work closely with colleagues in product marketing, direct mail and exhibits to ensure that all efforts are combined effectively. Flexibility, strong communication skills, inventive marketing ideas, organization and attention to detail are all critical success qualities.
- Responsible for scheduling, creating (using HTML and Dreamweaver), and deploying regular email marketing campaigns to targeted recipient lists.
- Coordinate with marketing staff for email content, featured product selection, and timely execution of email campaigns.
- QA and test emails (HTML and text versions) for compatibility with multiple email clients and web browsers; ensure all links, images, prices and subject lines are correct.
- Collect and analyze performance metrics for all email campaigns.
- Work with Online Marketing Manager to execute special projects related to increasing site presence and email list growth.
- Research and develop new Online Marketing initiatives in coordination with Online Marketing team.
- Collect and distribute monthly campaign metrics.
- Proficiency with HTML and Dreamweaver is highly-preferable. Experience with CSS and Adobe Photoshop is beneficial but not crucial.
- Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines are crucial.
- Typical Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Project, etc.) are required.
- BA or BS required; one year of work experience is preferable.
- Fundamental knowledge of publishing and/or online marketing is beneficial.