Oxford University Press is looking for a Sales and Marketing Coordinator in the Global Marketing Department. The Sales and Marketing Cordinator provides administrative and executive support to the Vice President of Global Marketing for Oxford University Press’s Global Academic Business.
Global Marketing is a 200+ global team comprised of Product Marketing, Discipline and End-User Marketing, Market Research, Branding and Communications, Publicity, Digital Marketing, Social Media, Direct Marketing and Retail and Wholesale Account Management and Merchandising.
This position is ideal for a candidate who:
- Has a passion to receive an immersive and deep education in publishing and/or marketing and sales.
- Loves a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Thrives in an environment where self-initiative can add tremendous value.
- Enjoys a broad-based vantage point of a growing and changing business.
- General Administrative Duties:
- Answering phone, write correspondence, fax, file, etc.
- Maintain overbooked Outlook calendar with attention to corresponding time zones.
- Manage departmental budgets and expenses.
- Manage internal and external communications; proofread and edit numerous high-profile correspondences.
- Serve as the general contact for all Marketing Directors in NY, Cary, and Oxford headquarter offices and global satellite offices.
- Manage to-do lists.
- PowerPoint Presentations:
- Compile information from different internal departments.
- Conduct independent research.
- Find appropriate imagery.
- Global Travel Coordination:
- Manage flights, itineraries, correspondence and visas as necessary.
- Liaise with team in the UK for bimonthly trips.
- Meeting Planning and Administration:
- Develop schedules and agendas for senior management team meetings and general staff briefings.
- Facilitate and ensure seamless setup of executive level meetings.
- Take and circulate minutes in a timely fashion.
- Follow up on action plan reporting and deliverables from various functions within the company.
- Coordinate with internal staff and external consultants to pull together necessary agendas, video conference set-up, and refreshments for high-level meetings.
- Flexibility to do special projects for the department.
- BA or Equivalent
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, and a creative problem solver
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must possess a clear ability to follow directions
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- PowerPoint: design, animation, etc.
- Excel: formulas, macros, filters, formulas etc.
- Word: merge, templates, etc.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with senior management administrative assistance a plus