Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group is looking for an enthusiastic, career-oriented, full-time Editorial Assistant to work in their New York office on their growing list of titles in planning and urban design. Reporting to the Editor, the Editorial Assistant will provide support in all phases of the book publication process, from the concept through publication. The Editorial Assistant will be responsible for:
- Preparing and maintaining standard reports, forms, schedules, database records, contracts and files
- Coordinating and distributing editorial reviews and book endorsements
- Tracking projects throughout the reviewing, development, production, and publication stages
- Corresponding with authors to confirm manuscript delivery dates, clarify specifications, and respond to queries
- Monitoring due dates for manuscripts and related book materials
- Preparing manuscripts for transmittal to production
- Drafting descriptive and promotional copy for cover, promotion, and other marketing efforts
- Liaising with marketing, sales, finance, and production departments
- Collaborating effectively with colleagues in the editorial, production, design, marketing, and sales departments as well as with outside freelancers
- Providing administrative support for the architecture list as needed
- Limited conference travel and campus visits will be required in the position
BA or equivalent educational experience. Book publishing experience desirable. Candidate must have excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal), with strong attention to detail; be able to prioritize multiple tasks; demonstrate a high degree of computer proficiency; possess a strong intellectual curiosity while remaining task oriented; and be committed to the overall goals of academic publishing.
If interested, please visit here to apply.