Author Theasa Tuohy has just released her book The Five O’Clock Follies, a novel about journalism, women, and the Vietnam War. She is looking for a Pace MS in Publishing student with excellent social media skills to help her publicize the book and connect with her audience. This position is remote, with occasional face-to-face meetings ( near the midtown campus). This is paid position and would require a time commitment of about 2-5 hours per week. All those looking to develop their media, outreach and blogging expertise should apply. Applicants should be well versed in Facebook, WordPress, Twitter, Tumblr and other forms of social media outreach.
To apply for this internship, please contact Professor Denning with a resume and cover letter.
Hillsinger-Mendelson (http://hilsingermendelson.com/), one of the country’s pre-eminent literary public relations firms, is looking for a freelance social media marketing/content developing whiz kid to execute social media marketing strategy for for high-profile books and authors. Compensation pending experience, and hours are flexible.
Working with the Digital Media Manager, your primary responsibilities may include:
- Writing creative social copy for designated social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc…), to include evergreen content development in addition to timely topic response and commentary.
- Identifying and engaging with influencers, blogs, websites and fans
- Managing, monitoring and building community on various social media platforms
- Monitor online chatter for brand coverage and content opportunities.
Secondary responsibilities may include:
- Editorial outreach to blogs, websites, influencers and niche communities
- Contributing to creative marketing/media outreach discussions for featured titles
- Helping set up social media programs and campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr
- Heavy user of social media
- A thorough understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Candidates will be avid readers of tech and social media sites
- Highly-adaptive writing and communication skills
- Must have active accounts across key social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Pinterest
- Must have exceptional traditional writing skills and a flair for “socialnetworkingspeak”
For consideration, please complete the following steps:
1. Send a BRIEF cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and copy Professor Denning on your submission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. For the subject line, write only: Freelance.
3. Include links to any relevant social media accounts (Twitter, Pinterest, Digg, etc…).
4. What are you reading online? List your top ten favorite sites.
5. Do you have any relationships with any media outlets? What are they?
A quickly growing publishing services firm is looking for copyeditors. Most of their work is done for two major university presses. Experience copyediting monographs or shorter academic texts is preferable but not mandatory. Copyediting experience of some kind, however, is required. A copyediting test will be administered before any work is assigned. This is a freelance, telecommuting position.
Please send your cover letter and resume (DOC format only) to email@example.com, Attention: Mark Fox.
Looking for a free work and event space? Well, look no more! Welcome to the Wix Lounge, located steps from Union Square. Professionals in the metropolitan area are always in need of a venue that is open to positive expression, and the Wix Lounge is that place. The Wix Lounge aims to provide freelancers, artists, and entrepreneurs with a free arena in which to conduct their affairs. During daytime hours, from Monday to Friday, the Wix Lounge is open to the public for networking opportunities. Later at night, they have a calendar of events as well as openings for workshops, fundraisers, and shows. The Wix Lounge is an excellent forum for any organization or even a single individual. Check it out, and host an event. After all, it is free!
A paid freelance reader position is available at Dafina Books, the African American imprint of Kensington Publishing.
Dafina publishes almost 100 books a year, and they are looking for a reader to help evaluate adult and YA fiction submissions and to write reader reports. An ideal candidate should be a fan of commercial fiction, have some knowledge of commercial African American fiction, and have a strong interest in the workings of an editorial department.
This freelance position is located in-house at Dafina Books, working 1 – 2 days a week.
If you are interested send your resume and cover letter to Ms. Selena James:
Executive Editor, Dafina Books
Kensington Publishing Corp.
119 West 40th Street, 21st Floor | New York, NY 10018