McGraw-Hill Education is currently seeking candidates who will help raise awareness of their free platform and expand their member base on campuses around the country. Prospective interns must have a strong interest in social media, marketing, event planning, education, PR, and overall web 2.0 start-up operations. The position is unpaid; however, the intern will receive a daily lunch stipend and monthly metro card. Hours are flexible, and the position would hopefully extend through the winter.
In order to qualify for the position, candidates must have: Web 2.0 knowledge, experience with Excel, excellent written and communication skills, previous marketing/PR experience (not compulsory, but advantageous), and a 3.0 GPA.
The primary tasks of the position include:
- Researching and planning campus grassroots marketing campaigns for the fall semester
- Recruiting campus ambassadors for spring
- Supporting the marketing team with strategic development and implementation
- Supporting the sales team with research and outreach
- Supporting social media marketing efforts – Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, etc.
- Administrative work including site maintenance activities and notes moderation
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief paragraph explaining why you would like to join the team.