Seeking Full-Time Junior Designer / Children’s Books
Page Street searches out creative people whose passions and exceptional talents have earned them many fans, and works with them to translate their expertise into great books that reach wide audiences. Their how-to books curate special and authoritative information that goes beyond the usual sources, inspiring readers to create extraordinary new things, whether it’s great meals, crafts or home decor. They are focused on producing top-quality content, cover-to-cover, and back that up with high-quality printing, top-end photography, vivid color reproduction and, for most of our paperbacks, lay-flat binding—an extra touch appreciated by discerning readers.
• Candidates should demonstrate their passion for picture books and have a strong eye for quality illustration that matches Page Street’s vision
• Must be proficient in Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Relevant experience in the children’s book industry is an asset, especially in a bookstore or library setting
• Comfort as a speaker in group settings as well as strong person to person communication skills are a must
• The right candidate will learn and handle cover and interior design as well as art direction
• Will work closely with the publisher and associate editor in this start up environment
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and links to a portfolio over to email@example.com.
New York, NY
Seeking Full-Time Assistant Designer/Designer
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house established in 1986. It has companies in London, New York, Sydney and Delhi.
• Strong Mac skills with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, with strong emphasis in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
• BFA College degree or equivalent work experience in Graphic Design, Typography, and/or Illustration preferred
• Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Book design strongly preferred
• Prepare jacket, cover, and interior mechanicals for the printer
• Organize, design, and manage several projects per season with guidance from Creative Director
• Art research and clearance of art rights
• Provide design support to Creative Director and Senior designer
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV, a cover letter stating your current salary, salary expectation, and a rationale for why you are the right candidate for the relevant position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please Indicate “Assistant Designer/Designer” in the subject of your e-mail.
New York, NY
Seeking Full-Time Marketing and Publicity Assistant
ABRAMS is the preeminent publisher of high-quality illustrated books for adults, adolescents and young children. ABRAMS is the publisher of bestsellers such as the wildly popular “The Diary of A Wimpy Kid” series, award-winning cookbooks of Alton Brown and the stunning photography of Yann Arthus-Bertrand’s “Earth From Above” series.
• 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
• Superior organizational skills, keen attention to detail
• A strong interest in the children’s book industry.
• Internships in the publishing and/or PR industry a plus
• Organize and execute mailings for the group including media/reviewer, bookseller, educator/librarian mailings
• Oversee and execute submissions for national, regional, institutional, and state awards
• Book travel/lodging for author appearances, conferences and tours
• Process department invoices / check requests
• Manage receipt and distribution of reviews
• Administrative support for marketing, school and library marketing, and publicity teams
• Communicate marketing, media, and event highlights to division
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject of your email and include your salary requirements.
New York, NY
Seeking Full-Time Web Producer – Community Development, Crown Publishing
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and 2+ years of relevant work experience in consumer-facing marketing, web editorial, and/or project management
• Experience managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Excellent time management
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with Agile workflows a plus
• Experience with WordPress a plus
• Support Crown’s consumer-facing communities including Read It Forward, Books for Better Living, Blogging for Books, TASTE, and Punch
• Assist community editors with managing schedules to ensure all deadlines are met
• Onboard and manage freelancers for editorial and design needs
• Assist community editors with content needs, including video and podcast production
• Build WordPress posts and source images
• Assist marketers with social media support
• Coordinate and fulfill advertising needs for email marketing requests
• Develop and optimize workflows where needed
If you are interested in this position, please apply online.