Location: Brooklyn, New York Position: Full-time Experience: Entry-level
Berghahn Books is an independent publisher of scholarly books and journals in the Humanities and Social Sciences. It has over 40 journals, and publishes more than 100 titles each year in subjects such as Anthropology, Migration & Refugee Studies, Geography, History, and Film Studies.Continue reading “Job Opportunity | Berghahn Books”
Founded in 1994, Berghahn Books is an independent publisher of distinguished scholarly books and journals in the humanities and social sciences. Its program, which includes close to 40 journals and over 100 new titles a year, spans Anthropology, Migration & Refugee Studies, Geography, History, and Film Studies.
• Responsible and detail-oriented person who can handle multiple tasks in a small-firm environment with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and a command of English grammar and spelling
• Proficiency in Word processing applications are vital
• Knowledge of Constant Contact and Filemaker Pro
• Basic desktop publishing skills, such as familiarity with InDesign
• Background in book/journal publishing or academia is ideal
• Assisting in the execution of marketing plans and the monitoring of results
• Providing research support
• Coordinating conference materials
• Organizing ad arrangements
• Creating marketing materials
• Additional responsibilities may periodically include assisting with some more general office-wide administrative support
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your letter of application and resume to Young at email@example.com.
Specializing in fields of higher education, Berghahn Books is an independent publisher that focuses on producing academic books and journals.
Berghahn Books is looking for an Editorial Assistant for its books division in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Reporting to two senior acquisitions editors, the Assistant will provide essential support for the day-to-day operations of the Editorial department and will work closely with authors who are preparing manuscripts for production. Benefits for the position include health and dental care, a 401K, and bonuses.
• Working with authors to ensure timely submission of manuscripts, images, permissions, and other deliverables
• Preparing materials for handover to the Production department
• Maintaining publication schedules and departmental databases
• Circulating schedules and keeping notes for Production-Editorial meetings
• Providing administrative support for peer reviews and other aspects of the acquisitions process
• Drafting cover and catalog copy
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently in a small-firm environment
• Familiarity with MS Office suite; experience with FileMaker Pro and Adobe Creative suite a plus
• Basic understanding of/demonstrated interest in higher education and the subject areas in which Berghahn publishes are strongly preferred.
Anyone interested in the position must send their resume and a cover letter and resume to:
Chris Chappell, Senior Editor
Berghahn Books is seeking a marketing intern for its DUMBO-based books division. The experience requires a responsible person who can handle multiple tasks in a small-firm environment with minimal supervision.
The position will involve assisting with a range of tasks from market research and social media outreach to database management. As an independent press, this position will offer a great opportunity to learn many facets of the publishing process.
This is a paid open-ended internship (3 days a week ca. 20 hours) with long-term placement opportunities.
Candidates should have experience using social media platforms and be familiar with book discovery platforms. Good researching skills are important. An interest in scholarly publishing is valuable and a background in social sciences or the humanities a plus. Excellent communication skills and a command of English grammar and spelling as well as proficiency in Word processing applications are vital.
Berghahn Books is an independent scholarly publisher of books and journals in the humanities and social sciences. Its program is focused on History, Sociology & Anthropology, International Politics & Policy Studies, Cultural and Media Studies, Jewish Studies, and Migration & Refugee Studies.
Berghahn Books is an independent scholarly publisher in the humanities and social sciences, with a focus on History, Anthropology, Politics & Economics, and Film Studies. They are currently looking for a Marketing intern for 2 to 3 days a week. The experience requires a responsible person who can handle multiple tasks in a small-firm environment and will involve assisting with a range of tasks from market research to database work.