Book Industry Study Group | Summer 2018 Intern
The Book Industry Study Group (BISG) is “a non-profit trade association that works to create a more informed, effective, and transparent supply chain for books and book-like products.” Its membership includes trade, education, professional, and scholarly publishers, as well as distributors, wholesalers, retailers, manufacturers, service providers, and libraries. To date, about 200 companies are members of BISG, and they all work together to “help the industry run more effectively and efficiently.”
BISG is looking for a Summer Intern to assist with administrative tasks, database management, and social media communications. This is a great opportunity to learn about operations and marketing in the book publishing industry. The chosen intern will work 20 hours/week and will be paid $12/hour.
- Report to BISG’s Operations Manager: Complete a wide variety of tasks pertaining to the promotion and preparation of bi-monthy webinars, in-person events, and conferences
- An undergraduate or graduate student, or a candidate with equivalent experience
- Be self-motivated and enthusiastic about the book publishing industry
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of or an interest in metadata, rights, subject codes, or supply chain issues is a benefit, but not required
- Familiarity with Excel, Google Suite, Twitter, and LinkedIn is strongly preferred
All interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Maya Fakundiny (email@example.com) by May 28, 2018.