Do you have an interest in design? Advertising? Promotions?
The Putnam, Riverhead, and Tarcher Advertising and Promotions department is looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual. This person will support the Associate Director in maintaining an organized and productive environment. This position is also responsible for designing various promotional materials.
Specifically, the Advertising and Promotions Assistant will:
- Work closely with the Ad/Promo Associate Director and design team to maintain organized and productive workflow.
- Work with manager and paperback team to coordinate, layout, and submit designed back ads for production.
- Design posters and blowups and coordinate printing, meeting all deadlines.
- Design print and online advertisements and promotional materials, including static and animated ads, printed postcards, bookmarks, and brochures for the Tarcher imprint.
- Route catalog copy for the Riverhead, Putnam, Tarcher, and Audio imprints during catalog season.
- Design images for social media for all imprints.
- Update department status report, including keeping track of all requests from publicity, sales, marketing and working with manager and designers to deliver on time.
- Organize presentation run-throughs, booking rooms and contacting attendees for scheduling.
- Maintain the advertising archive, filing ads and promotional items.
- Set up promo item ISBNs in Firebrand.
- Create visual presentations using InDesign and PowerPoint.
- Provide administrative support when needed.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Four year college degree in graphic design or communications design or equivalent work experience
- Highly proficient in Photoshop and InDesign
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail; able to turn projects around quickly and multitask
- Strong interest in book publishing and promotional design
Preferred qualifications include:
- Knowledge of Illustrator
- Strong interest in advertising and promotions
The salary for this position is $35,250. Full-time employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits package. To apply, submit your portfolio, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls/agencies please.