The Harlequin Publicity Department is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented, and organized person with a passion for nonfiction and fiction books. The Publicity Intern will be provided with guidance, direction, and coaching from the Sr. Publicity Manager and the publicity staff. This is a great opportunity to apply your education and publicity skills, learn about book publishing, and develop stronger communication and business skills.
Intern will be responsible for duties related to the Publicity Department such as:
- Drafting press materials and pitch letters.
- Assisting in drafting and coordinating schedules for author tours, including booking all author travel.
- Researching media contacts and maintain database.
- Coordinating mailings.
- Managing our filing of invoices and press clippings.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- At least three years of college, a concentration in Public Relations, Communication, English or Publishing a plus.
- Excellent writing/editing skills required, with a strong interest and familiarity with women’s publishing.
- We are looking for applicants committed to starting a career in public relations.
- Strong communication skills a must; writing, speaking and listening.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills a must.
- Reliable and eager to learn.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Comfortable and experience with database maintenance.
- Previous book/magazine publicity internships a plus.
This is a paid, part-time internship. For more information, visit here.