Type: Full Time
Position: Marketing Coordinator
Oxford University Press is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team as a Marketing Coordinator working on social science lists. We are looking for an energetic self-starter who has a passion for marketing academic and academic-trade titles.
The Marketing Coordinator will work with the Marketing Manager to develop and execute title level / subject level marketing plans and work closely with Publicity, Editorial, and Sales to maximize all promotional opportunities.
- Strategize, prepare, and implement marketing campaigns for assigned titles, including direct mail, social media, merchandising, advertising, and digital marketing
- Write and develop marketing materials, including sell sheets, flyers, ads, brochures, sales presentations, and catalog copy
- Prepare author kits and communicate marketing plans to authors, editors, publicity, sales, and colleagues around the globe
- Research and develop promotional partnerships with relevant organizations and websites to leverage exposure for our content
- Work with authors to develop blog posts and social media strategies for OUP channels
- Analyze sales and develop strategies to increase market share
- Prepare for and attend editorial, transmittal and sales and marketing meetings, including reviewing prospective and signed book projects and marketing positioning
- Gain an understanding of OUP online products to assist in the promotion of these products to end users
- Liaise as needed with editorial, sales, publicity and branch departments to ensure clear communication
- Travel to conferences as assigned to effectively promote books, journals, and online products relevant to the discipline
- Represent OUP in a professional manner to external and internal customers
- 2-3 years related experience in marketing. Nonprofit, media, or publishing experience preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative, creative problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills as well as a genuine and demonstrable interest in publishing and marketing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- BS/BA Degree required
- Working knowledge of and enthusiasm for social media required
Find the original posting here.