The Higher Education division is currently accepting applications for a Digital Product Management Intern for the Oxford University Press USA Fall Internship Program.
NOTE: This is a PAID internship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development and creation of content within learning management system software
- Assist in the creation and development of ancillary resource center sites
- Draft tutorial and help documentation for digital products
- Monitor end-user support mailboxes and route tickets appropriately
- Schedule and drive end-user facing product webinars
- Assist in the design and styling of end-user facing product webpages
At the conclusion of the internship, the Intern can expect to have learned the role that digital products play in higher education publishing, the challenges currently faced by publishers developing digital products, and OUP’s strategies for meeting our users’ needs. The Intern will gain experience interacting with instructor end-users and learn how to improve digital products by approaching them from a user perspective. The intern will learn extensively how to develop courses and content within leading learning management systems
Applicants must have strong communication skills and feel comfortable working with new software and technologies. The ideal applicant will be a problem solver, a fast learner, and feel comfortable working independently and juggling multiple responsibilities on a daily basis. Applicants should have an understanding of web technologies and be able to communicate clearly and jargon-free about digital products to non-experts.
Other skills required and preferred:
- Experience with HTML and website development required • Major in computer science or equivalent strongly preferred
- Experience working with learning management systems such as Desire2Learn, Blackboard, and Moodle strongly preferred
- Experience with the WordPress content management system preferred
- Graphic design interest and experience, including website styling using CSS, preferred
Applicants must be enrolled in a degreed program with at least one year of schooling completed, graduated from a degreed program in the past year or enrolled in a degreed program where college credit is granted for the completion of an internship.
Find the original posting here.