MeeGenius is a digital reading company and our mission is to help kids foster a love of reading. We have an extensive library of over hundreds of beautifully illustrated e-books for children, each professionally narrated with our read along technology. Our e-book reader apps and bookstore can be found on all major platforms and mobile devices including iPad, iPhone, Android, web, Google Chrome Web Store, Google TV, and soon, Windows 8 and Windows Phone. Installed on over 2 million mobile devices and used by over 3,000 teachers, any time can be story time.
We are looking for a Freelance Editor to support our Content and Production team. We need a person with professional editorial experience, who’s excited about digital media and cultivating children’s love of reading. The Freelance Editor will be responsible for working with a variety of different titles for children ages 0-8, maintaining the consistency and quality of the titles, and maintaining communication with their primary point of contact in the Content and Production team on a regular basis. The position will be paid as an hourly wage.
To be a strong fit for the role of Freelance Editor you will need to:
- Assist in the editorial development, planning, and execution of MeeGenius books
- Review and edit manuscripts
- Ensure all personal deadlines are met
- Communicate with the Content and Production team during all phases of development and troubleshoot any related issues
- Excellent attention to detail, be able to identify and solve problems, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and have a proven ability to organize time and meet deadlines along with being an active team player.
- Applicants with a degree in a related discipline preferred
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate professional editorial experience
To apply for this position, please submit a portfolio of your work that demonstrates your editorial capabilities (only pieces that would be appropriate for a 0-8 audience), a current resume, and a cover letter as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name in the subject line of the e-mail as well as the position that you are applying for. For all questions and queries regarding the position, please contact us at email@example.com.