Location: New York, New York
McGraw Hill is looking for publicists! They are responsible for executing Publicity campaigns to create demand for Business, Education, Test Prep and Language print and ebooks via print, online and broadcast media placements.
- Implement media campaigns to generate press placements to drive demand for our products
- Work with authors to maximize their media platforms
- Measure sales impact of activities through analysis of Bookscan and Amazon Retail Analytics
- Manage category pitches for select areas in Business and Education
- Work with business, book, and education bloggers
- Communicate publicity plans and results to authors and colleagues
- Promote backlist products
- Present at sales meetings
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of book Publicity experience
- Proven success in generating media placements
- Business book experience a plus—but general non-fiction is terrific
- Minimum four-year degree from an accredited college/university
- Established press contacts and extensive knowledge of the media to create effective publicity campaigns
- Proficient in using social media vehicles to publicize titles
- Ability to pitch using an ebook file from NetGalley or our own elibrary
- Working knowledge of Netgalley, Cision, Burrelles preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and time management skills
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
Click here for more info and to apply.
Company: Rowman & Littlefield
Position: Acquisitions Editor
Location: New York, NY and Washington, DC
Rowman & Littlefield has long been recognized as a leading publisher in politics and for its co-publishing partnerships with leading public policy research organizations. We seek an acquiring editor with demonstrated public policy acquisitions experience to help build our list and expand our network of co-publishing relationships. The successful candidate will seek out individual authors and expand our co-publishing partnerships in innovative ways for both traditional print and electronic editions. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated book acquisitions experience and a flaire for turning the arena of national politics and public policy into successful book publishing ventures for audiences ranging from Beltway insiders to general readers. He or she will possess superior editorial judgment, an established network of authors and institutions, and an ability to work independently. Candidates should have 3+ years of related publishing experience and outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Working with individual authors, agents, and public policy organizations to develop proposals and final manuscripts
- Managing ongoing relationships with current and future co-publishing partners
Presenting new projects to the editorial board and negotiating publishing agreement.
- Overseeing the publishing process for each title, including serving as primary liaison with the production, design, marketing, publicity, and sales departments.
Click here for more information and to apply.