Random House Digital, Inc. is offering a summer internship with a focus on social media and mobile applications. Interns will gain an understanding of how apps are conceived, developed, and maintained at a large publishing house. RHDI provides digital distribution and business development for eBooks and applications as a service to a broad range of publishing groups. Please see their website for more on eBooks and apps.
Length of Internship: Summer
Location: New York, NY
Interns will assist with the following responsibilities:
– Manage RHDI’s Twitter feed and Facebook page
– Sales analysis and reporting for RHDI apps
– QA apps in development
– Monitor top-selling apps and app store bestseller lists
– Research app categories, pricing models, and platforms
– Opportunity to sit in on developmental and department meetings
Applicants must be eligible for school credit, available to work a minimum of 3 – 4 days a week, and have a strong interest in digital publishing and mobile apps. Qualified candidates should possess solid organizational and computer skills, outstanding communication abilities, and experience working effectively with colleagues.
How to Apply: Please contact Professor Denning at email@example.com if interested in this position.